PA Mega Sale $20 Voucher!

cclarry

5 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

And AT5 would get more use if they can optimize the resources, it is a massive hog compared to the PA suite, insane for something many of us need to be zero latency, real time in the context of a project (not just stand alone)

Until recently I seldom used AT5 for the same reason.  But this year I decided to seriously limit new purchases and instead learn what I already own which, it turns out, is amazing.  And so that's why I tried AT5 first.

8 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

I found some of the old PA ENGL amps unusable, but they have others such as the Train II which has a level of realism I find lacking in the AT5 package (I own all of them).  Though they are absolutly usable in the context of a mix too.    The smooth filter as well as EQ in post can help some of the harshness.  AT5 can have that nice processed sound out of the gate which limits the highs and harshness.  The PA stuff sounds a bit more like a recording chain where you get the amp and the gear captured.

Thanks for the info.  I've tried what you've described but still was not happy with the sound.  I have enough other amp sims -- and now know them well enough -- that I can find the sound I'm looking for w/o needing to engage in EQ surgery. 

Given that I do everything from initial writing to final mastering I've adopted strategies such as relying heavily on presets to finish work in a reasonable amout of time.  And this is particularly useful given that I write everything from scratch; i.e., I don't use loops.  The only exception is drums, and for those I use them as starting points and heavily edit them such that the end result is something novel.

• Like 1

Question re: PA amp sims - how do you get the presets for the VST3 versions to show in Cakewalk?

Edit: Never mind - remembered how...
image.thumb.png.2e4a1bfe03c026446a27ae1c6d4b353a.png

This works but it's a bit of a PITA to cycle through presets.
They really should update the GUI to let you manage presets directly from within the plugin...

Edited by TheSteven
  • Thanks 2
  • Great Idea 1

3 hours ago, pseudopop said:

Looks like you can't use the survey voucher and the $20 sale voucher at the same time

3 hours ago, cclarry said:

they locked it out...I tried first thing this morning

It worked on the SPL Transient Designer, I paid $14.99 ($39.99) with both applied. I got the impression that it works above $30

YMMV

t

52 minutes ago, DeeringAmps said:

It worked on the SPL Transient Designer, I paid $14.99 ($39.99) with both applied. I got the impression that it works above $30

YMMV

t

We were speaking about using BOTH the $20 voucher and the Survey Voucher stacked.
The Survey Voucher still works, but you can only use one or the other...not both

Edited by cclarry
  • Like 1

I am not buying any more PA plugins until they have the, "BUY ANY for 29.99, 39.99, 49.99" sale again.  I got everything I want, well almost everything.  I am still waiting for Larry to get me a great deal on the Brainworx bx_console AMEK 9099,.  Larry I know you have a special voucher for this you are holding on to.  LOL   😄

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, jesse g said:

I am not buying any more PA plugins until they have the, "BUY ANY for 29.99, 39.99, 49.99" sale again.  I got everything I want, well almost everything.  I am still waiting for Larry to get me a great deal on the Brainworx bx_console AMEK 9099,.  Larry I know you have a special voucher for this you are holding on to.  LOL   😄

Well, if I did, I would have it..and I don't...so there we are...

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Fleer said:

But the $25 survey voucher is still limited by the $32 purchase threshold, isn’t it?

10 hours ago, cclarry said:

Yes

Actually, when I try to apply it I get the message:

The voucher "USERSURVEY21QFK8H0T9" requires the cart total to be greater than $39.

Is there another voucher code I'm not aware of?

12 hours ago, cclarry said:

Just the Mega Sale Voucher MEGA-SALE-20OFF
I thought the limit was $32 for the Survey Voucher

7 hours ago, Fleer said:

Yeah, me too. They weren’t very clear on that one. 

No, the survey voucher minimum in cart was always $39.

$32 is the min for monthly vouchers ($25).

Edited by chris.r

Got email that $20 voucher can now be used again.

You know - I think the point of me getting subscription was that I would use the yearly voucher to get everything I wanted and then end the subscription. Last year, that was 5 specific plugins. But through the year I picked up those 5 with the various sales / subscriptions. Plus an additional 10. Then I got 5 more with the yearly voucher. And there are still others I want. It never ends. It's like a nightmare. Haha. (cries)

Edited by Carl Ewing
  • Like 1