Jump to content
cclarry

PA Mega Sale $20 Voucher!

Recommended Posts

$20 Surprise Voucher for You!

MEGA-SALE-20OFF

(No Minimum Spend)

Use voucher during checkout – code can only be used 1x (once)

All offers end December 31, 11:59 pm PST

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yay or Nay?

$69 - $20 = $49

Better pricing possible, based upon previous sales?

Quote

MASTERING BUNDLE 3

Classy analog modeling sound in a powerful collection, lifting your masters to the next level with creative M/S Saturation & Dynamic M/S EQ.

Suggested plugin chain:

Vertigo VSM-3

bx_dynEQ V2

bx_hybrid V2

bx_limiter

bx_meter


The 5 products in this bundle have a total value of $845.
Save BIG right now!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bad Penguin said:

Yay or Nay?

$69 - $20 = $49

Better pricing possible, based upon previous sales?

 

It breaks down to less than $10 a plug...so that's a pretty good deal!
Have you already used the Survey Voucher?  That would get you another
$5 off!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't understand PA pricing, but they're selling the VSM-3 by itself for $69 (-$20) . . . although I've heard at times it could be had for $29

Already used survey voucher, thanks!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bad Penguin said:

I don't understand PA pricing, but they're selling the VSM-3 by itself for $69 (-$20) . . . although I've heard at times it could be had for $29

Already used survey voucher, thanks!

When they run a Mega Sales, not every plugin hits the lowest ever price.  I imagine part of this is to minimize some of the compound discounting and those that have the $250 voucher from a subscription.

It is true VSM-3 on its own has been cheaper.  It is a cool plugin.  

I'd say run a demo of it (and also run a demo of MSaturator from melda and mess wit the 2nd and 3rd harmonics).  It is surprising how much of that kind of sound/effect you can get for free.  And if you happen to have MSaturator MB you can get even more of the way there becuase it allows you to target parts of the frequency like VSM-3 does.  

But as someone that has all of those, I do still use VSM-3.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A bit PA weary….and  a bit weary of spending money. Took the Rat and DS-1 emulations for free…and I’m out.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, pseudopop said:

Looks like you can't use the survey voucher and the $20 sale voucher at the same time. :(

Yep...they locked it out...I tried first thing this morning

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Yep...they locked it out...I tried first thing this morning

So I'll be looking at something in the under $30 section, then. Fiedler Audio Stage or Elysia mpressor, probably.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, pseudopop said:

So I'll be looking at something in the under $30 section, then. Fiedler Audio Stage or Elysia mpressor, probably.

Have both (and think both are good).  The Fiedler seems like the more unique tool of the two.

Mpressor needs a resizable update, IMO.

Chances are we will have a code reset in the next couple days...so there is also that...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I picked up Wedge Force Matcha for $9.99 and would like to move the samples folder off my system drive.  Does anyone know how to do this? 

I've tried renaming the folder hoping it would force a pop-up dialog box asking me to locate the folder, but no luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

Chances are we will have a code reset in the next couple days...so there is also that...

Yeah, I think the code is usually reset three times. So I'll probably end up grabbing both + something else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, locrian said:

I picked up Wedge Force Matcha for $9.99 and would like to move the samples folder off my system drive.  Does anyone know how to do this? 

I've tried renaming the folder hoping it would force a pop-up dialog box asking me to locate the folder, but no luck.

Did you demo it?  I tried it this morning and spent the time to find the files to delete it from my HD altogether.  Only PA plugin I've tried so far that I thought was basically useless.

Edited by Brian Walton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

Did you demo it?  I tried it this morning and spent the time to find the files to delete it from my HD all together.  Only PA plugin I've tried so far that I thought was basically useless.

Without any FX, it produces a toy guitar sound.  But the amp sims I've tried turn it into something useful; esp in a busy mix where I don't want a full-sounding voice.

I use EZKeys in the same way; to my ears they sound awful, but in a busy mix they often fit right in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And in case anyone else is looking for the samples folder on Windows, you can find it here:

 C:\Program Files\WedgeForce\matcha\DATA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, locrian said:

Without any FX, it produces a toy guitar sound.  But the amp sims I've tried turn it into something useful; esp in a busy mix where I don't want a full-sounding voice.

I use EZKeys in the same way; to my ears they sound awful, but in a busy mix they often fit right in.

I ran PA amp sims (and IKM sunset sound reverb) which sound great with a real guitar for my test.  Honeslty found the sound deplorable.  

EZKeys I can at least get something usable out of.  (though tend to run it as an engine to run another vst)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

I ran PA amp sims (and IKM sunset sound reverb) which sound great with a real guitar for my test.  Honeslty found the sound deplorable.  

EZKeys I can at least get something usable out of.  (though tend to run it as an engine to run another vst)

I used Amplitube 5 and Bias FX 2 and got usable results. 

To my ears all the PA amp sims I have are deplorably harsh-sounding (even on my [real] strat).  I'm glad they were all freebies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, locrian said:

I used Amplitube 5 and Bias FX 2 and got usable results. 

To my ears all the PA amp sims I have are deplorably harsh-sounding (even on my [real] strat).  I'm glad they were all freebies.

I found some of the old PA ENGL amps unusable, but they have others such as the Train II which has a level of realism I find lacking in the AT5 package (I own all of them).  Though they are absolutly usable in the context of a mix too.    The smooth filter as well as EQ in post can help some of the harshness.  AT5 can have that nice processed sound out of the gate which limits the highs and harshness.  The PA stuff sounds a bit more like a recording chain where you get the amp and the gear captured.  

 

And AT5 would get more use if they can optimize the resources, it is a massive hog compared to the PA suite, insane for something many of us need to be zero latency, real time in the context of a project (not just stand alone)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...