BJZ presents Dead End

Bapu

Vocals - Zargg (Ken Nilsen)
Guitars & Synth - Jyemz (James Griffiths)
Bass - Bapu (Ed Kocol)
Drum - Hugo Ribeiro

Dead End
© 2019 BJZ

Verse 1
Walking through the dark and cold
I’ve made this maze, or so I’m told

Pre Chorus
As I make my way through these tunneled walls
‘Come unto me’ this labyrinth calls

Chorus
A mile of thorns and spikes I descend
Into a cruel and vicious dead end

Verse 2
No cotton thread to leave behind
This endless path vexes my senses

Repeat PreChorus & Chorus

Bridge (twice)
Dreading every turn ahead
I'd be a fool who believes
I’ll never run into a dead end

Verse 3
No guardian angel will ever follow
Me into all my tomorrows

Interlude
Repeat Chorus

Verse 4
I could see the light of day again
Like Daedalus I will escape this dread

Repeat Bridge

I've run into. I've run into, I’ve run into a Dead End

Edited by Bapu
  • Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

This is the best song I've heard from this group, yet!  I love the video and animation with this, and it fits the music perfectly.  The vocal has the growl and texture that makes it stand out among the terrific playing from everybody.  As I would expect from you guys, the mix is pristine - everything is balanced and in its place.  However, maybe it's just me, but I'm missing a little tube warmth overall.  Music like this can stand a light touch of smearing, if you know what I mean.  Nevertheless, this is brilliant and creative.  Keep up the good work.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

3 hours ago, Lynn said:

This is the best song I've heard from this group, yet!  I love the video and animation with this, and it fits the music perfectly.  The vocal has the growl and texture that makes it stand out among the terrific playing from everybody.  As I would expect from you guys, the mix is pristine - everything is balanced and in its place.  However, maybe it's just me, but I'm missing a little tube warmth overall.  Music like this can stand a light touch of smearing, if you know what I mean.  Nevertheless, this is brilliant and creative.  Keep up the good work.

Thanks for listening, and the positive feedback, Lynn 😎

All the best.

Very cool tube guys. I understand what Lynn is saying about the tube warmth, and that can definitely be a good thing, but I think the song has a very precision type feel to it that might get mushy if you start pushing the saturation. I love the changes in this song. Everyone's parts are very well played.(wait, that didn't sound right) Great job guys!

• Like 1

On 5/18/2019 at 11:24 PM, Leadfoot said:

Very cool tube guys. I understand what Lynn is saying about the tube warmth, and that can definitely be a good thing, but I think the song has a very precision type feel to it that might get mushy if you start pushing the saturation. I love the changes in this song. Everyone's parts are very well played.(wait, that didn't sound right) Great job guys!

Thanks for listening, and the positive feedback 😎

All the best.

Love this track and again you all did great job with this. Yeah, a bit more bass would be nice (payment received Baps) and also the geetars could be upped a wee bit.

Well done gents.....nice deep, deep, deep vox treatment Ken!! :) 

4 hours ago, Mesh said:

Love this track and again you all did great job with this. Yeah, a bit more bass would be nice (payment received Baps) and also the geetars could be upped a wee bit.

Well done gents.....nice deep, deep, deep vox treatment Ken!! :) 

I will endeavour to make everything louder than everything else on the next revision.

Edited by Bapu
  • Great Idea 1

What can I add to what has been said above?  Expertly crafted, performed, and mixed!  Oh ya, and the video is definitely cool-- is that a commercial video or did one of you make it?  Of course the bass sounds great ----    but  ---- that growling vocal really sets an edge to the song. 

Brilliant stuff guys!!!

• Like 1

Gromit is hereby advised to stay off the lsd.

Great mix. My toes were tapping, man that drummer is great. It's all well performed, and shout out to the vocal mixing, they blend very well.

I like my metal with a heaping helping of prog - thanks for that !!!

Sorry no crits. I listened on headphones and got everything clearly.

Perhaps some of his cheese had mold spots consumed unnoticed?

Very well done, lads!

Cheers,

-Tom

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...