Jump to content
cclarry

Plugin Alliance MEGA Sale!

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Walter Cruz said:

Survey voucher is still valid, if you haven't used it before.

USERSURVEY21QFK8H0T9

bx_subsynth for $14.99 !

Would I also need PA bass_mint, or does bx_subsynth / ssl native drumstrip have that covered also?

Edited by Bad Penguin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 It's hard to buy anything. After Waves, IK, Melda, and the ones in most DAWs are great I have opened 90% of what I have.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

 It's hard to buy anything. After Waves, IK, Melda, and the ones in most DAWs are great I have opened 90% of what I have.

Surely you mean 10%?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does the $20 code work for transfer of licenses?

What about the monthly voucher codes?

(Edit: The site does mention that loyalty voucher codes can be used for paying transfer fees but this month's codes have already expired)

Edited by Kal S

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Despite having participated in the sack of PA last year and taking advantage of Meldaproduction's 60% off everything sale, there's one type of processor that I don't feel I have the "right" one yet: transient shaper. I have WA Production's Imprint, which is supposed to be a multiband transient designer, but it's so far resisted my attempts to get results with it; perhaps starting with a multiband one isn't the best route. Imprint has about 3x the number of controls.

It seems like the PA choices are either SPL Transient Designer Plus or elysia nvelope. Leaning toward nvelope because of the way it can narrow processing to certain frequency bands. I have fun with "turd polishing," taking the worst phone-recorded live small gig or practice recordings and turning them into something halfway listenable, and this would seem to be a useful tool for that as well as the usual transient shaper-y tasks.

If anyone has any wisdom to share regarding Transient Designer Plus vs. nvelope (for instance some special feature of Transient Designer Plus that I'm not aware of), please share.

Edited by Starship Krupa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Starship Krupa said:

Despite having participated in the sack of PA last year and taking advantage of Meldaproduction's 60% off everything sale, there's one type of processor that I don't feel I have the "right" one yet: transient shaper. I have WA Production's Imprint, which is supposed to be a multiband transient designer, but it's so far resisted my attempts to get results with it; perhaps starting with a multiband one isn't the best route. Imprint has about 3x the number of controls.

It seems like the PA choices are either SPL Transient Designer Plus or elysia nvelope. Leaning toward nvelope because of the way it can narrow processing to certain frequency bands. I have fun with "turd polishing," taking the worst phone-recorded live small gig or practice recordings and turning them into something halfway listenable, and this would seem to be a useful tool for that as well as the usual transient shaper-y tasks.

If anyone has any wisdom to share regarding Transient Designer Plus vs. nvelope (for instance some special feature of Transient Designer Plus that I'm not aware of), please share.

I personnaly prefer nveloppe , the big strength ( both) is the freq selection for transient and sustain, brillant .

I also tend to prefer horizontal layout on gui's lol .... 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, stony said:

Yes, you can use the MEGA-SALE-20OFF code to "pay" a license transfer fee.

I just did. Worked fine. Brought the transfer fee to zero. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

there's one type of processor that I don't feel I have the "right" one yet: transient shaper.

Not sure if you have it - but iZotope Nuetron 3 has a very good transient shaper, that's both single & multiband. There's also a very good one in Native Instruments Komplete. And worth a look is Waves 'Smack Attack' which often goes on sale for dirt cheap, and has some features many others do not (i.e. visualizer). 

If you use it, there's also a multi-band and full-spectrum shaper inside Cubase. Also one available for free for Ableton Live if you use it.

A couple free ones:

Flux's 'Bittersweet V3'

Aubrun Sound's "Couture"

Sleepy Time DSP's "Transient"  

 

Edited by Carl Ewing
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been contemplating Thorn but was a little hesitant as reviews were overwhelmingly positive but all pointed out that its CPU use is incredibly high. Does anyone here have it that can speak to whether the developer has optimized it a bit over time or offer other insights on the synth? Thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

I've been contemplating Thorn but was a little hesitant as reviews were overwhelmingly positive but all pointed out that its CPU use is incredibly high. Does anyone here have it that can speak to whether the developer has optimized it a bit over time or offer other insights on the synth? Thanks. 

On my system (HP laptop i7-8750H/64 GB RAM | Win 10 Pro v1909) Thorn's CPU usage is quite modest. 

I've used it on multiple tracks (along with other VIs) without any problems.  YMMV.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, locrian said:

On my system (HP laptop i7-8750H/64 GB RAM | Win 10 Pro v1909) Thorn's CPU usage is quite modest. 

I've used it on multiple tracks (along with other VIs) without any problems.  YMMV.

Thanks. Are you pretty happy with the synth? I'm guessing yes, as you've used it on multiple tracks,  but I'd love to get your thoughts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

Thanks. Are you pretty happy with the synth? I'm guessing yes, as you've used it on multiple tracks,  but I'd love to get your thoughts. 

There is a basically free version with computer music magazine with a few features removed but still feels like a full product.  

Ive debated on the upgrade but haven't done it yet myself.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

Thanks. Are you pretty happy with the synth? I'm guessing yes, as you've used it on multiple tracks,  but I'd love to get your thoughts. 

I'm quite pleased with Thorn because the sounds it produces are fairly different from all the other synths I have.  And, as such, it inspires me to write different music.  It's definitely not a general purpose synth (which is fine b/c I have many of those).  I would describe it as an ear-candy synth.  I also really like the GUI; it's very intuitive to use and provides a ton of control (and is quite large!).  Bottom line, I'm very glad I bought it.

And everything I wrote above about Thorn applies to LION which I also own, is also unique, and is another ear-candy synth that I would not use on every mix but is nonetheless very inspiring.

In contrast, I do not own (nor do I plan to ever buy) bx_oberhausen b/c, to my ears, it's a generic synth and would be redundant in my collection.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

There is a basically free version with computer music magazine with a few features removed but still feels like a full product.  

Ive debated on the upgrade but haven't done it yet myself.  

What month? I pick up Computer Music every so often and may even already have it.

EDIT: Nevermind. I just found it. CM257 from 2018, for anyone else looking. It may be in subsequent issues too, I believe. 

Edited by PavlovsCat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...