Hornet plugs

kakku

Hi. I would like to know if any of you fine people here have tried and really liked the hornet  Eq plugin thirtyone that is supposed to help the mixing process? Or the other hornet plugs if you have 'em

I can say that he makes and outstanding stomp comp sim (HCS1) for putting in front of a guitar amp sim. Works really well.

I also enjoy playing through the Chorus60 plugin he makes.

And of course, the plugin that got me started with Hornet was the VU meter.

Edited by Grem

21 minutes ago, Grem said:

the plugin that got me started with Hornet was the VU meter.

Yup! I can't say enough how simple and ingenious this one is.  I'd like to see a couple of mods, but for what $3 (??) how in the world can you complain?

Also, another plug for the all Computer Music plugin bundle.  Included in there are the HorNet Drum Shaper, Fat-FET, FreMo and Graffio.  (I'll have to look at a couple of these to see what there are!  Eh-hem!)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

Mk2c SongKey Mk2 is now version 3 and a low price for upgraders

Indeed, it was 3 Euros for me! Instant purchase. Do you find that it works better? I haven't tried it yet.

My first exposure to Hornet was the DrumShaper included with Computer Music, which certainly helped me out on the way to learning what I was doing with processing, drum-wise. They do pretty well at getting an instant drum sound, but more importantly, he included a sheet telling what's "under the hood." As in the compressor and EQ settings that are being affected when you turn the knobs.

I studied that and copied the settings to discrete plug-ins, which was a good starting point for learning how to do it on my own.

Heads-up, SongKey Mk3 in VST2 form does not play well with Cakewalk, so be sure to install only the VST3 unless you have another host that needs the VST2. If you do, go into Plug-In Manager and exclude the VST2.

As soon as I add the VST2 to an FX Rack, CbB throws up a dialog and says it's gonna exit. Not so with the VST3 version.

I've let Hornet know.

• Thanks 1

On 5/22/2019 at 6:39 AM, Starship Krupa said:

Heads-up, SongKey Mk3 in VST2 form does not play well with Cakewalk, so be sure to install only the VST3 unless you have another host that needs the VST2. If you do, go into Plug-In Manager and exclude the VST2.

As soon as I add the VST2 to an FX Rack, CbB throws up a dialog and says it's gonna exit. Not so with the VST3 version.

I've let Hornet know.

Seen issues on their page with Cubase and Live.

SongKey is fun to have around because sometimes I write songs on guitar with open droning strings, 7ths and so on, and it can be a chore to figure out what key they're in.

I turned the "MIDI out" feature loose on one such piece, and while it didn't do the best job of tracking, what it did put out was kind of interesting in a textural sort of way.

So far I'm finding that Mk3's new tempo detection and pitch-to-MIDI aren't so great for their intended uses, but I already have way better tools for doing that in Cakewalk anyway.

Saverio will probably keep working on it.