Merry Xmas to the CW family! (Not a deal)

ZokZTM

Dear ladies and gentlemen, a CW family :-)!

Wishing you all a peaceful Christmas times with your loved ones! .... edit... or just simply a peaceful Holiday times with your loved ones!

Love from Finlandia

Zok

Edited by ZokZTM
To cover all grounds
  • Like 20

8 minutes ago, ZokZTM said:

Dear ladies and gentlemen, a CW family :-)!

Wishing you all a peaceful Christmas times with your loved ones!

Love from Finlandia

Zok

Hi Zok. Just got a new family dog, a Samoyed. A breed apparently named after a Finnish tribe, or close to the Sami language at least. Anyway, as I once lectured in Rovaniemi at the North Pole, we decided to call him Suomi. 
Merry Xmas!

• Like 3

Merry Christmas to all! My gift to you is the Kindle edition of Part 1 of my biography.

These recollections of my time as a UK recording engineer look back on an era where capture of a performance and a good sound were paramount. They could only be achieved using ‘ears’ and ingenuity supported by minimal technology, unassisted by computers, sequencers or plug-ins, none of which existed in studios at the time.

Download it for free on Amazon  24th, 25th and 26th December 2021. Start and end dates are midnight Pacific Time.

Amazon UK

Amazon Germany

Amazon.com

Amazon Canada

Amazon Australia

Amazon Japan

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

Happy holiday season to everyone! I personally don't celebrate Xmas.

Firstly as an atheist I can't believe in a god who allows his creations to kill each other and destroy the environment and one who will let corrupt dictators live opulent lives whilst innocent children die of curable diseases.

Secondly I wrote a lovely letter to Santa a few years back asking for an IPhone and he got me a Windows phone the B*stard!

:D

p.s. apologies for this post entering into religious territories, it was intended to be a joke about depth and shallowness

p.p.s. and apologies also to those who still believe in Santa Claus :)

Edited by Hatstand
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

Merry Christmas to all from a snowy west coast of Canada. We haven't had a white Christmas in years. First we had fires and a heat wave with record breaking temperatures in the summer. Then major floods about a month ago. And now snowpocolypse has hit. I am waiting for the volcano I can I see from my window to erupt.  That would be the perfect end to an absolutely mind boggling year.

Edited by Doug Rintoul
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Doug Rintoul said:

Merry Christmas to all from a snowy west coast of Canada. We haven't had a white Christmas in years. First we had fires and a heat wave with record breaking temperatures in the summer. Then major floods about a month ago. And now snowpocolypse has hit. I am waiting for the volcano I can I see from my window to erupt.  That will be the perfect end to an absolutely mind boggling year.

Doug, that is vey alarming! Trying to stay positive anyhow you can in this kind of situation... a hard job indeed!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Hatstand said:

Firstly as an atheist I can't believe in a god who allows his creations to kill each other and destroy the environment and one who will let corrupt dictators live opulent lives whilst innocent children die of curable diseases.

Ever considered that maybe God isn't the one who allows that? At some point one has to let go of one's children and let them do whatever they will do - good, bad or indifferent.

What kind of life for us would it be if all our behavior was controlled by someone (thing) else?

Not trying to convince anyone and certainly not trying to start a religious debate. Just offering a different perspective.

Anyway, season's greetings to all!

Edited by bdickens
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, ZokZTM said:

Doug, that is vey alarming! Trying to stay positive anyhow you can in this kind of situation... a hard job indeed!

Well, the volcano is not really ready to erupt...but it will some day.

It is pretty amazing how disasters can bring out the best in people. When our neighourhood was flooded last month, we all came together and stacked sandbags, and made meals and help clean out sewage soaked carpets and appliances and drywall. You get the picture. I met neighbours I had not talked to since we moved in here 20 years ago.

• Like 2