Dropout with transport stopped - midi piano muted

gmp

Question

I don't have problems with dropouts during recording of audio or my soft synth Ivory piano, yet when the transport is stopped and I'm just playing the piano, I get dropouts often maybe every 5-10 min. I get a popup message saying "audio dropout" and the piano is silent. To get the piano to play again, I have to start the transport for a sec and hit stop, then the piano is back. I think you'd call this the piano is losing focus. Kind of like I switched the focus to another window, like Wordpad. 

This is very irritating, has anyone else experienced this or has a clue what's going on?

4 answers to this question

3 hours ago, msmcleod said:

Is there anything else on your PC that is doing something intensive every 5 to 10 minutes (e.g. a cloud sync) ?

Not that I'm aware of. I have a pretty tweaked system - only minimal stuff in Startup, Services disabled like Win Search, indexing, etc. In fact the more I think about it, if I leave the room for 30 min or a few hours, I always see the Dropout error message, even though there was no activity with CbB. 

This leaving the room dropout has been going on for many many months, but it hasn't affected me, since I'm gone. Yet it is irritating if I'm just playing the piano with the transport stopped and then it goes silent from a dropout. 

I went to Device Manager and checked all the USB hubs and such and had power management off. Seems like I remember many years ago Sonar having trouble losing focus on midi channels. Don't remember the solution or if it was just a bug