Cakewalk audio over Zoom web meeting?

Doug Bruce

I am working with a consultant on mixing and producing.  We work over Zoom meetings (similar to GoToMeeting, etc).  But I cannot find a way in Cakewalk by Bandlab to set the audio preferences to share the audio over the Zoom meeting.  I am using a PCs with Windows 7 and Windows 10, and using a TASCAM US-1800 as my audio interface.  When I go into Prefs, all I see are the US-1800.  On the consultant's end (he is using Apple), his Logic Pro DAW could select Zoom as one of the shareable audio outputs.

Is there a way for me to share my Cakewalk by Bandlab DAW audio over a Zoom meeting like this?

Thanks!

• Like 1

Normally, you can't share ASIO devices, or WDM/WASAPI devices that have been opened in exclusive mode.

If you are using ASIO, you could try WASAPI or WDM, and make sure that you're opening it in shared rather than exclusive mode:

image.png.126b2810cdb6920d7aea20f8dc73902c.png

If ASIO is your only option, then consider using ASIOLink:

https://discuss.cakewalk.com/index.php?/topic/3519-odeus-asio-link-now-available-free/

This wraps up your existing ASIO driver, and creates a new one that can be shared between other applications. It also creates virtual WDM drivers that you can route your ASIO output to, that you could use as an input in Zoom.

The only thing you'd need to do in Cakewalk is make sure you're using the ASIOLink ASIO driver rather than your TASCAM driver; then make ASIOLink is using the TASCAM ASIO driver as it's ASIO source.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Voxengo Recorder is a plugin you can put on your master bus in order to route audio into your main MME device (IE: Zoom when sharing Desktop Sound). 

I use it for streaming out while still keeping ASIO as my main cakewalk driver. Works like a champ. You'll have to mute your windows volume, or you'll get doubling out your mains. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...