Spitfire Audio - LABS Christmas

Frank

Crazy thing about these Labs Libraries...I ALWAYS have to install them TWICE!
I install them, the SAA says that they are installed.  To verify, I have to close the SAA,
then restart the SAA, at which point it shows that it's STILL not installed, and ONLY 
after the SECOND time, does the install "Take"....crazy

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, cclarry said:

I install them, the SAA says that they are installed.  To verify, I have to close the SAA,
then restart the SAA, at which point it shows that it's STILL not installed, and ONLY 

yes same for me..... thankfully it's only the LABS that seem to have this problem - can you imagine having to download BBCSO pro @ 600gig twice 😱

• Like 2

4 hours ago, cclarry said:

I ALWAYS have to install them TWICE!

only twice? the "installed" section seems to be a moving target here. have had quite a few "oops, something went wrong, let's fix it" dialogs, to the point where it either gets frozen or put back in the closet. LABS are interesting quality bits for supplementing an up front sound, but nothing like pulling up a project after a couple of weeks and wondering what happened to the mix. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cclarry said:

I might be wrong on this, but I think this happens when there is an update to the library.  Yes, it should appear under updates, but I seem to remember a version number in the actual LABS file structure incrementing upon installing a currently installed LABS library.

5 hours ago, cclarry said:

I have also gotten used to living with the idiosyncrasies of LABS because I do like the content (and they are also Unified).  

I currently have all of them installed and working fine but the installer tells me that there are 6 that need to be installed. Go figure 😵 

Love the new Christmas one - every type of Christmas bell you can think of,  soft vocal mmms and a good selection of fun whistles!
What's not to like 🎅🏻

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Promidi said:

I might be wrong on this, but I think this happens when there is an update to the library.  Yes, it should appear under updates, but I seem to remember a version number in the actual LABS file structure incrementing upon installing a currently installed LABS library.

you may be right but in this case it's for a new installation not an update

I'm fairly sure that when installing this for the 2nd time the install size was different though - think it was 600 and something Mb first time then 500 and something Mb 2nd time but wasn't paying much attention.

I wonder if your explanation covers a fresh/new install too ....a pre-release update ?

Speaking of 'installed' vs. 'not installed', has anybody tried installing their LABS on two computers?

For example, I installed the entire LABS library on my DAW PC, and all was cool. But when I tried to put some on my laptop, before I did anything, the Spitfire installer over there showed them all as already 'installed', but missing their libraries. Only option at that point is to reset and re-install the libraries.

So when I reset a few LABS libraries from the Spitfire Audio laptop copy, so I could install them over there, the same library's install status then changed to 'not installed'  on my DAW computer? WTH?

It appears that Spitfire Audio is linked to my email & login, rather than my computer ID's. Is there any info about this on Spitfire? 🤪

Edited by abacab

20 hours ago, abacab said:

Speaking of 'installed' vs. 'not installed', has anybody tried installing their LABS on two computers?

For example, I installed the entire LABS library on my DAW PC, and all was cool. But when I tried to put some on my laptop, before I did anything, the Spitfire installer over there showed them all as already 'installed', but missing their libraries. Only option at that point is to reset and re-install the libraries.

So when I reset a few LABS libraries from the Spitfire Audio laptop copy, so I could install them over there, the same library's install status then changed to 'not installed'  on my DAW computer? WTH?

It appears that Spitfire Audio is linked to my email & login, rather than my computer ID's. Is there any info about this on Spitfire? 🤪

I found this at Spitfire Audio:

Why do my libraries appear as installed on my second computer?

"If you log into the Spitfire Audio app on your second computer you will see your libraries already appear as installed, this is because the app does not detect that you are logged in on a different computer to the one you previously used to install your libraries."

https://spitfireaudio.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360008947337-Why-do-my-libraries-appear-as-installed-on-my-second-computer-

22 hours ago, abacab said:

I've used a separate email on my 3rd machine.  I'm not ready to pay $$$ to adopt their player yet.

2 hours ago, abacab said:

I found this at Spitfire Audio:

Why do my libraries appear as installed on my second computer?

"If you log into the Spitfire Audio app on your second computer you will see your libraries already appear as installed, this is because the app does not detect that you are logged in on a different computer to the one you previously used to install your libraries."

I'm reading that to mean it infers what you have installed based on your actions, rather than just checking the install path? I would have thought it'd be easier to do the latter, but I'm sure there's a good reason they did it this way...

34 minutes ago, antler said:

I'm reading that to mean it infers what you have installed based on your actions, rather than just checking the install path? I would have thought it'd be easier to do the latter, but I'm sure there's a good reason they did it this way...

As far as I know Spitfire is the only one that does it this way. The issue here is that you only have one LABS installation per email address.

Even though you may install it onto two machines and in separate content paths, only one machine at a time will reflect the libraries as "installed" when you log in to Spitfire Audio. If you reset and reinstall any LABS library that reflects "not installed" on a given machine, that library is then shifted to "not installed" on the other.

Confusing, right? Makes no sense at all to me how they are doing this... 🤪