IK Multimedia Sampletank 4 Update - and a personal note

Reid Rosefelt

3 hours ago, Promidi said:

Your next more would be to locate your “ST4_AcPiano_Samples_Part_6.zip” file (That you’ve hopefully backed up somewhere)

On option is to extract the files therein to a folder.  Then run the “Install SampleTank 4 Sound Content.exe” ,making sure you select the correct destination (The error message should give you the clue here).

Woohoo!  Thanks @Promidi.  Yes, I have the BU files and did as you suggested.  However, I didn't run the ST4SC.exe.  I just copied the  "C Grand Close Mics Sustain 1" folder containing the "C Grand Close Mics Sustain 1.pak" to my samples drive  and the correct folder.  Started ST4 and all is right with the world!  Everything loads as it should. 

• Like 2

On a related note:   has anyone changed the location of the sound sets or Syntronik and Sampletank?  I just bought another SSD, and am rebuilding my Daw from scratch.  I think that @Peter - IK Multimedia mentioned a process a few months ago, but I would like to find it.    If I remember, you go through all the process downloads, sound bank installers, etc, which seems to place on the C drive somewhere.  I guess you can move that whole directory to another drive, the point Syntronik 2 and Sampletank to the new location.  Is this the correct procedure?  Anything else I need to be aware of? 

Thank you. 

8 minutes ago, husker said:

On a related note:   has anyone changed the location of the sound sets or Syntronik and Sampletank? 

While I have never does this, I do have my content in two non default locations - one for Sampletank 3 and the other for Sampletank 4.

I am wondering what would happen if you move the folders as defined in your Sampletank and Syntronik configuration to your new drive. Then do a database scan in both Sampletank and Syntronik. 

In my Sampletank 4, my specific content location is as follows:

"S:\Sampletank 4"
"D:\Content\Sampletank 3"

Say I wanted to move the "D:\Content\Sampletank 3" folder to the S: drive.  I would move the entire "D:\Content\Sampletank 3" folder to the S: drive so I end up with "S:\Sampletank 3" (complete with content)

After the move has been completed, I believe I would go into both  Sampletank and Syntronik configuration and change the "D:\Content\Sampletank 3" entry to "S:\Sampletank 3".  Then do a rescan.

Of course, if you ever install more content, keep an eye on the install location of that content to make sure it actually matches.

As I said, I have never actually done this, but this is what I would do if I ever had to.

Someone who has actually done a content move might have a different method and can chime in.

• Like 2

^^^ The above answers are correct, assuming that you have the application installers completed on the target machine. No need to download and extract the sample content again.

In summary for ST4:

1. Copy the existing installed sound content folder(s) to the new sound content drive. For example: "D:\SampleTank4", "D:\SampleTank3" etc.

2. Assign the new sound content path(s) info in the ST4 settings "Sound Content" tab. Use the path(s) assigned in step #1.

3. Rescan all.

• Great Idea 1

1 hour ago, abacab said:

^^^ The above answers are correct, assuming that you have the application installers completed on the target machine. No need to download and extract the sample content again.

In summary for ST4:

1. Copy the existing installed sound content folder(s) to the new sound content drive. For example: "D:\SampleTank4", "D:\SampleTank3" etc.

2. Assign the new sound content path(s) info in the ST4 settings "Sound Content" tab. Use the path(s) assigned in step #1.

3. Rescan all.

Syntronik as well?

Edited by husker

On 12/22/2021 at 9:14 PM, Reid Rosefelt said:

If nobody mentioned it here--I couldn't find it--there is update 4.16 for SampleTank 4.  This new version optimizes various functions and features as well as includes different fixes for issues some users might have experienced.   This update offers additional Syntronik 2 instrument compatibility enhancements and we recommend that all users update to SampleTank version 4.1.6 for the best experience.

Now here is my story...  I've recently got around to reinstalling SampleTank 4 and a lot of those new ST4  libraries that came with Total Studio 3.5.  While some of them installed easily, there were others like Shipwreck Piano that installed but made no sound.   So I had some communication with IK about this issue, but after a time I didn't hear from them for a few days.  Then this update, which solves all of my problems.  

This is the first time I've been one of those people who "had issues some users might have experienced."   I'm guessing there were a few people who had my problem, so they fixed it.  Thank you, IK! 

I feel you've missed some excellent humor opportunities for your problems with a library with the word "shipwreck" in its name. I'm just sayin'... If I had an issue with that library, there would easily be a dozen puns in my post. Oh, well, thanks for the heads up. I'll update now. 

41 minutes ago, husker said:

Syntronik as well?

Yes, Syntronik 1 is similar to SampleTank 3, as Syntronik 2 is similar to SampleTank 4. The sound content path is user defined, and can be relocated as long as you tell the program where to find it.

• Thanks 1