Wonder Why

Douglas Kirby

Was that an oboe or something with a little lead line in the intro? Loved that.

Very cool darker yet swinging vibe here. It's a very good mix, clear as hell. As an experiment you could automate the snare hits up .5db at least when you are not singing. The snare might drive it a little harder when it's just the instrumental.

You might also draw that ending fade out a bit longer.

Another earworm from Westerly Sessions. Hope there are many more volumes.

cheers,

-Tom

• Like 2

On 12/27/2021 at 11:23 PM, David Sprouse said:

Liked the chord changes, the harmonic extensions rather than power chords.    Also, liked the positive vibe in the lyrics.  Hope the new year brings you lots of  happiness.

Thanks for commenting David. Happy New Year to you as well.

On 12/29/2021 at 7:28 PM, PhonoBrainer said:

Was that an oboe or something with a little lead line in the intro? Loved that.

Very cool darker yet swinging vibe here. It's a very good mix, clear as hell. As an experiment you could automate the snare hits up .5db at least when you are not singing. The snare might drive it a little harder when it's just the instrumental.

You might also draw that ending fade out a bit longer.

Another earworm from Westerly Sessions. Hope there are many more volumes.

cheers,

-Tom

That was an English horn I used in this one - similar to an oboe. By the way, I've never automated the snare - I'll have to look into how to do that. Thanks for listening.

20 minutes ago, Douglas Kirby said:

never automated the snare - I'll have to look into how

Take a look at Creative Sauce's vid on Side Chain Compression, might work, although a simple volume envelope would work as well.

Another 👍's worthy tune Doug, and as mentioned above, just a bit different; cool!

t

I'm way behind so did miss I Without a Care as well? Another 👍 worthy tune as well...

• Like 1