Gifts of Altai

Asato Maa

Gifts of Altai

I love mountains. It's extraordinary at night in the mountains! The stars are so huge and close ...
Especially the Altai Mountains in Russia!

A lot of memories are connects me with Altai: my first love, traveling, camping and rafting, participation in a music festival, where I heard throat singing for the first time ...

And today the single "Gifts of Altai" for the fourth album of my musical project Asato Maa has been officially published 😅

This composition is a touch to something ancient, intimate and mysterious, which gives strength and unites everyone together.

The sound is a synthesis of ethnicity, ambient and Berlin electronics.

You can listen to the song in any streaming service convenient for you below

I would be glad to have support, feedback and comments! 🥰

==> https://band.link/aMaaGoA <==

664428438_.thumb.png.e1f63789606874c666397324844c12b9.png

Edited by Asato Maa
  • Like 2

Asato, that was quite a journey! There' s a Tremendous amount of cool stuff going on thru out the entire song. If I would have done anything different it would be letting the low throat singing bleed into all of the next passages. I thought some of the stops were a little abrupt.  Fantastic production !      I Really enjoyed this ..  mark

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mark skinner said:

Asato, that was quite a journey! There' s a Tremendous amount of cool stuff going on thru out the entire song. If I would have done anything different it would be letting the low throat singing bleed into all of the next passages. I thought some of the stops were a little abrupt.  Fantastic production !      I Really enjoyed this ..  mark

Mark, it's great to receive such great feedback from you! It's great that you enjoyed this musical journey! I agree with you about the transitions in the compositions, I will work on it in the next singles!

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
On 10/22/2022 at 4:59 PM, Wookiee said:

Again reminiscent of TD and Klaus Schulze in the use of Sequencing, mix sound well balanced with distinction in the voicing.

Thank you very much for the flattering comparison!
I am also a fan of early TD and Klaus Schulz.
And I love ethnic music.

On 10/22/2022 at 11:55 PM, Bajan Blue said:

I agree with Mark and Wookie - this is extremely well done and a very enjoyable listen

Cool

Nigel

Thank you from the bottom of my heart! Your feedback is very valuable to me 🙌
Words like yours help me creat music.
Wish you all the best!

I think you hit the mood of the mountains here. Never heard throat singing in a production before.  
Omnisphere has a collection of Tuvan throat singers patches that I might have to use after listening to this.
A couple of minor nits. The intro arps might be a little too long and the transition effect could be more subtle.
Other than that, very nice indeed. Enjoyed it.
-Bjorn

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bjornpdx said:

I think you hit the mood of the mountains here. Never heard throat singing in a production before.  
Omnisphere has a collection of Tuvan throat singers patches that I might have to use after listening to this.
A couple of minor nits. The intro arps might be a little too long and the transition effect could be more subtle.
Other than that, very nice indeed. Enjoyed it.
-Bjorn

Hi, Bjorn!

Thank you for such a professional review!
Very glad I was able to get into the mood of the mountains.
I can agree about the remarks about the length of the opening arpeggiators and more subtle transition effects.
I'm not a professional musician, and I'm still learning. Including, after listeners feedback also.

I'd love your feedback on my other compositions as well 🙏

Here they are:

Edited by Asato Maa

On 10/31/2022 at 8:19 PM, MichaelJohn said:

Wow the mood this creates is like an uplifting and mysterious journey!  I especially like the chord progression.  The effects and melodic bits are very nice!  

Watch for my new song/video later today- "Secret Places"

I wanted to create just such a mystical mood: night, campfire, shamanic throat singing...
I'm very glad you liked it!