"G" flat Funk Fest

mark skinner

Hello , I'm proud to be posting a new high energy funk song on my 68th birthday !   I used my G&L thru TH3 , MT Power drums , HaNon B70 organ synth , and finally restrung my Ibanez bass. Amazing what new bright strings will do. Any and all mix suggestions are welcomed .  "Thanks" ..   mark 

• Like 4

So much goodness. Punchy kick! Melange of impeccably mixed guitars. Sollllllid bass!

Your tunes challenge the listener to keep track of all the elements at once, which I like. On this one I could only suggest pulling the business of the drums back just a bit, to give more listeners a chance to hear onto the wonderful thicket of those funk guitar parts!!! And I thought I heard some additional bass guitar improv, up on the neck?

Cool jam, and the fade at the end was a good choice.

Edited by PhonoBrainer
  • Like 2

@DeeringAmps @Tim Smith Thanks for the listen , comments and the birthday comments. I'm glad to have made it this long. @PhonoBrainer Thanks for your time and suggestion. My first Real time using the drums. It seems they're either simple or wide a** open. I'll look at it. @KurtS I Really appreciate the comment. The bass was direct in , with some pro channel EQ , minor hall reverb from Breverb and comp. from "Kotelnikov" (free Fantastic mastering compressor) I thought the hall reverb was an unusual choice but made it really come alive .       Later ..  mark

• Like 3

Mark . . . such youthful energy for the big 68 ! Happy B'day. There's lots of action here, popping guitar strings, nice underlying theme that recurs. Tom fills, lots of different tom fills . . . very nice. So, yes . . . G flat, not usually a guitar friendly key . . . can you assure us that no capos or alternate tunings were harmed during the creation of this ? In other words, WOW, great stuff as always.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, mark skinner said:

restrung my Ibanez bass

Sacrilege, one is not suppose to restring bass 😎.

Enjoyable little  bit of grooving going on here.

Happy birthday 🎂, you old g1t 😃

I will join in that 68th year in February, if I survive that long.

Oh cool tune and neat playing. :) 

• Like 1

@Fred's Gratis Scores @jack c. @noynekker @David Sprouse and @Wookiee Thanks so much for listening and the comments. As "usual" this one started off as a vocal song that turned into an instrumental. Thus the reason for the flat tuning. I just dropped the guitars down a half step. Not as many white keys to worry about either on my controller for the organ parts. David the drums are MT Power kit 2. A free and unusual drum synth. All the preprogrammed stuff included is 3 bars long then you can choose what fills you want for the 4th bar or cut it up how you like. Lots to choose from. Wookie , I think I bought that bass about 12 years ago at a pawn shop. The strings were pretty dead at that time , I thought it was supposed to sound that way. My other bass wants new string now..  Be careful ,  and you'll make it to February..      mark

• Haha 1