Sensation

Starship Krupa

Long live Superrabbit!

Liked it very much, particularly the cool filtered drum loop. I found myself waiting for the big kick-***** live drums and bass guitar to come in, but that is a different song. I dug the reversed tones with the chimney synth up top. Perhaps the spoken word might be a bit louder in the mix?

Definitely a nice vibe on this . . .

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, bjornpdx said:

Reminds me of Heavenly Music Corporation (which no one has ever heard of).

Okay, mind blown. I've been friends with Kim Cascone for 35 years, actually played on (half composed) a PGR track.

The thing is, we lost touch for a while and I never checked out his Heavenly Music Corporation stuff. We reconnected after the advent of the www, I think we last got together around the time that he regained the Silent Records trademark.

I sent him the link to "Sensation" yesterday and he said "tres 90's ambient."

3 hours ago, Tim Smith said:

I was trying to figure out what 'it' was lol.

Cool! Thanks! The listener is supposed to speculate. "It" is whatever you make of it. The sample is someone else's words, so I have to think about what "it" is, even though I know the original context.

To me, "it" is any experience that feels new every time, that's too much for us to remember exactly how it feels. Maybe "it" is something that happens on too deep or nonverbal a level for our verbally-oriented minds to recall accurately. Our minds say "get used to it" because that's what our minds do, but we never really get used to it.