My invitation came in the mail today

Doc H

I keep getting one from Disney + on Fecebook (no that's not a typo lol) that says in big bold letters:

DISNEY +, ESPN +, HULU + (NOW AD FREE!) ALL FOR $7.99 A MONTH!

When you click on the ad and go to sign up it says in real fine print:

"Ad Free service is $19.99 per month extra."

I keep seeing 3 different ad's with it worded differently on each one, but it all comes out to be $28 bucks a month in the end. I already get Ad Free Hulu for free with my cell service and I still feel like I'm paying too much. I'll just wait and pay the $250 bucks or whatever they'll want for the Get Back Movie/Remastered Album Deluxe box set when it comes out. It better be in eyeglass lens-scratching sharp 4K UHD though.

2 hours ago, craigb said:

I took a much better offer:

I was going to say the same almost the same thing but figured I did the thread would get locked.

21 minutes ago, InstrEd said:
56 minutes ago, bdickens said:

TV is the Devil.

Just like anything else can be too...   

Very true. There's actually a lot of good things out there, you just have to search for them and ignore the rest.

19 minutes ago, craigb said:

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611170fdda8c821fd3d16

99% of what I watch is on youtube. I really like the wildlife live feeds people put up. Woodworking, software tutorials. That kind of thing. As for movies and such, I have a collection I bought of things I like but it's extremely rare I watch a movie or show of any kind anymore. I can't stand the woke garbage and the pandering to the 1% of the population ... etc. etc.. It's all caused far more damage than it repaired. And there really wasn't anything to repair in the first place. Anyway, enough or I'll get b-slapped.

Youtube's great for music and tutorials and live feeds. I really like this one and this one. It's the only service I've actually considered paying a monthly fee to to get rid of the ads. No ad blockers available when watching via an app on my TV's but it's great on my DAW. And I wouldn't even mind ad's but if I see that one for Amazon with the lady saying how huge the difference was making $15 an hour apposed to $10 something, I'm gonna scream obscenities at the TV. Some vids make you watch two ad's and they seem to play it back to back over and over again.

No ad blockers???  Just connect a computer (old laptop, etc.) to your TV using an HDMI cable (though there are casting devices too) then using a browser to get to YouTube.  Then get Adblock Plus and you won't have any commercials!  I KNOW this works since it's all I do.  😉

No ad blockers???  Just connect a computer (old laptop, etc.) to your TV using an HDMI cable (though there are casting devices too) then using a browser to get to YouTube.  Then get Adblock Plus and you won't have any commercials!  I KNOW this works since it's all I do.  😉

It's not easy to set up and control a PC where my TV is or I would do that. I only have my DAW and I'd have to tear it down and move it every time I want to watch something. I have a couple of ad blockers for the Brave browser. One blocks ad's on Twitch which has a ton of great indie artists and the other one blocks everything on Youtube.

The casting stuff never seems to work unless I'm doing something wrong. I can cast, but only if the app is on my cell and my TV as well. Samsung did away with the Twitch app and I can no longer cast it from my cell.

I don't see how an ad blocker would work on a cell using cast. Basically how it appears to work is the app takes over on the TV and your cell is essentially a remote control. But I could very well be wrong. I never tried it. The few times I looked for an ad blocker for my cell nothing came up.

Any thoughts on how to cast to a TV using an ad blocker on your cell? Anyone doing that successfully? What ad blocker are you using? I'm running an Android cell. TIA.

7 minutes ago, craigb said:

I only use Adblock Plus on everything.  I don't use my phone for casting though...  Just pick up a cheap, used laptop - it's worth it!

That cheap laptop, Craig? Blue light special or red light district? Just asking for clarification……

• Haha 2

I only use Adblock Plus on everything.  I don't use my phone for casting though...  Just pick up a cheap, used laptop - it's worth it!

That never occured to me to do that. What an idiot. (Me being the idiot). I could probably get an old wiped one from where my wife works. They sell off old equipment, fleet cars and trucks etc etc from time to time. 

I want one with 4K UHD capability. It all depends on your video card. My DAW's GPU can do 4K resolution but not in Ultra High Definition. IOW I won't be able to watch true 4K UHD on my TV without a true 4K UHD capable video port on the laptop. And now my journey down that rabbit hole begins ... 😁

3 hours ago, Doc H said:

That cheap laptop, Craig? Blue light special or red light district? Just asking for clarification……

Get it from a Pmart.

(Now, feel free to read that last word backwards if you wish!  Sheesh!  What kinda Doc are you anyway??? 🤔😆)