Celestion Speakermix Pro

cclarry

SpeakerMix Pro with Dynamic Speaker Responses is the professional studio-grade solution that enables you to capture and mix the most realistic guitar tones you’ve ever created in your DAW.

Today, we’re excited to announce that SpeakerMix Pro is available as a 14-day, fully functional demo. Treat yourself to some creative fun and download it now! What better way to spend the festive season?

And that’s not all: SpeakerMix Pro is currently available at a special reduced price. So, once you’ve checked out the demo version be sure to take advantage of this amazing offer when you’re ready to upgrade!

SpeakerMix Pro – Click here to download the free demo version now. Available for VST, AU and AAX compatible DAWs.

https://www.celestionplus.com/product/celestion-speakermix-pro-demo/

More info here

https://www.celestionplus.com/news/5-top-reasons-why-you-should-try-celestion-speakermix-pro-this-holiday/

$139 to buy

https://www.celestionplus.com/product/celestion-speakermix-pro/

Edited by cclarry
  • Thanks 1

So...

not this?

https://www.softube.com/celestion-speaker-shaper

or this?

https://www.meldaproduction.com/MCabinet?gclid=Cj0KCQiAk4aOBhCTARIsAFWFP9H4tfuXysvjK-cY5xfI18WqN4a4I-RhvZIZlQVC1TCRpegNlHcT2GMaAtQQEALw_wcB

just started looking into these, got some work to do but any opinions based on actual experience appreciated...

Edited by jackson white
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, jackson white said:

So...

not this?

https://www.softube.com/celestion-speaker-shaper

or this?

https://www.meldaproduction.com/MCabinet?gclid=Cj0KCQiAk4aOBhCTARIsAFWFP9H4tfuXysvjK-cY5xfI18WqN4a4I-RhvZIZlQVC1TCRpegNlHcT2GMaAtQQEALw_wcB

just started looking into these, got some work to do but any opinions based on actual experience appreciated...

MCabinet is awesome. I've converted my Celestion IR and Ownhammer collections into MCab presets and use it almost exclusively.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Soundwise said:

MCabinet is awesome. I've converted my Celestion IR and Ownhammer collections into MCab presets and use it almost exclusively.

One thing about SpeakerShaper - as amazing as it is - it is heavy on the CPU.  Add that to a Neural preset and your going beyond Amproom CPU levels.  Based on all of the features and room mic options in the Celestion Speakermix plugin, I can only imagine it's the same if not more.  Gonna demo to see if that's true.

Edited by Marc Cormier
  • Thanks 1

@Marc Cormier  thx! exactly what i was thinking about (in S1), will be looking forward to your thoughts. the feature that caught my ear was the room mic option. I have some dense multi-guitar mixes that sound like they're glued to the wall rather than gyrating in space, looking for a faster means to open up those elements of the arrangement. had never considered Celestion for anything digital and will likely hit Melda next given their versatility and ease on the cpu, but ya never know. could be the next magic wand...

Wow...Celestion Speakermixer is a CPU hog!!!!  Here's some pros/cons:

Softube SpeakerShaper (by Celestion)

PROS:

• Super intuitive design - if you can relate to cabs and speakers, this is easy to get your head around
  • Sound shaping - lots of great options from hardware COMPONENT emulation including Speaker Diameter and magnet choice  (unique to this plugin)
  • Selection quality (sounds great and the speaker graphics look identical to Celestion SpeakerMixer)
  • Self-contained speaker ecosystem - no need to spend additional $$$ on speakers or features.
  • Axis, Arc, and Distance for microphones

CONS

• High CPU usage (but a PRO if you consider how high the CPU usage of the Celestion plugin is)
  • Higher CPU if used within AmpRoom (don't understand this at all but it's a must-have, or at least a another 3rd party IR loader if you're using Amproom).
  • Room mics are less flexible than SpeakerMixer but also account for most CPU usage.
  • Fewer channel-specific options vs. SpeakerMixer
  • Generic speaker enclosures

Celestion SpeakerMixer

PROS:

• Lots of channels to mix and match cabs/speakers/microphones
  • Auto Gain - excellent leveling tool to keep levels consistent
  • Parametric EQ is handy.  But is it overkill for each channel???
  • Z-Curve impedance setting
  • Broader variety of speakers and branded speaker enclosures

CONS:

• Fewer hardware component emulations than Softube
  • Microphone placement/alignment is limited
  • Twice the processing power needed vs. SpeakerShaper
  • Tweaker paralysis - lots of options but many require extra navigation to keep track (is that Greenback on a 2x12 with an SM57 or something else?)
  • Pay-to-play: greyed out options highlight what you don't have.  full product requires additional investment
  • Room mics are CPU intensive.
  • Twice as many clicks needed to change basic components vs. SpeakerShaper

Summary - I'm glad to have had a chance to demo Speakermixer, especially after having plonked down the $90 on Speakershaper.  I bought that to upgrade the cab emulations in Amproom but find I use it even more with other amp sims.  Speakershaper is - IMHO - a more advanced product than Speakermixer but also simpler at the same time.  For noobs like me that are easily led down the feature rabbit hole, I especially appreciate that.

As for MCabinet, it has different features for tone shaping that are more "under the hood" but you can get results quickly...with next to NO CPU hit.  I use SpeakerShaper as a separate plugin in Amproom which draws less CPU and provides more options but I'm really liking how lean MCabinet is.  On the other hand, I find the UI of SpeakerShaper to be much more transparent and relatable.  My biggest gripe with SpeakerMixer or SpeakerShaper is that they don't let you import your own IRs into their cab simulation components like Helix, THU, Amplitube, etc.  It would be amazing to have all speaker/cabinet/IR shaping in one ecosystem.

image.thumb.png.c2b7b1eabd4cba2ce0fab6e5cf6b9297.png

Edited by Marc Cormier
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

@Marc Cormier  thx, appreciate the insight, appears to confirm initial assumptions made here, still intrigued by the "dynamic" potential as IRs have never been more than static EQ for me, will keep it in mind for whenever IBM releases the home version of Big Blue.  Not a total loss, might try some of their IRs, never seen Berg before (the real deal has been my goto for years...)

10 hours ago, Marc Cormier said:

MCabinet ... can get results quickly...with next to NO CPU hit

ya, time to give this a shot along with room/verb settings.

7 hours ago, jackson white said:

still intrigued by the "dynamic" potential

Looks great on paper, though I still wonder why no one has released a convincing demonstration of dynamic IRs advantages over normal, static IRs.

FWIW, TwoNotes claim that their virtual cabinets are dynamic. Maybe it's true, but each time I try to use the Wall of Sound plugin, it eventually gets replaced by other options.

Also worth noting that AT5 cabinets are now beyond excellent, second to none.

Overloud's SuperCabinet has got Z-Curve which is kinda sorta emulates speaker dynamics. AFAIC, it works with user IRs as well.

Considering all available options, SpeakerMix seems overpriced. And with its CPU performance, need for further investments as well as not apparent benefits of so called "dynamic IRs" I don't see it being a hit in the already crowded cab sim market.

• Like 3

On 12/21/2021 at 11:02 AM, Soundwise said:

This company's website and server are down very often.  

240527370_ScreenShot2021-12-22at5_22_05PM.png.cfda9f3e179101d6db2e7b78aa6402aa.png

850574105_ScreenShot2021-12-22at5_21_43PM.png.6f4eaafb1abc58bb76a015949706cccd.png

I own MCab, but have been weary of Melda's products because of weird crashes with their stuff in the past.  You have a rep for demanding the best out of guitar simulation stuff, so I'll start digging into it by year's end (along with starting to reorganize all my IR's, drum samples, presets, etc).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Soundwise said:

Looks great on paper, though I still wonder why no one has released a convincing demonstration of dynamic IRs advantages over normal, static IRs.

ya, sorta like quite a few options out there. haven't had to do that much ITB, but well, things have changed and in the process of exploring options. there are only a few amp sims that "feel" like the real thing, always impressed when one manages to come up with that "playability" factor. but still looking for anything to enhance a "3D' sound which is probably more of a room thing (rig+room = the sound). 

Tried a couple of IR loaders, but got results I liked better by dumping them into Melda's MConvolution, which is why >> MCabinet. 

AT5 cabinets are now beyond excellent, second to none.

Tried AT4 (CW version?), and now that you mention it, recall their cab/mic options being OK. Did they do something special for AT5? 

Overloud

Might have to consider them as well. Haven't spent any time with TH-U, but their GEM series has a couple of FX with some of that "3D" vibe.

@Soundwise  thx, great points, much appreciated, the plate is more than a bit overloaded atm and i've dropped the fork...

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, jackson white said:

looking for anything to enhance a "3D' sound which is probably more of a room thing (rig+room = the sound). 

Tried a couple of IR loaders, but got results I liked better by dumping them into Melda's MConvolution, which is why >> MCabinet. 

I can share some of my MCabinet presets to show how I use their R and W settings, whatever they mean.

44 minutes ago, jackson white said:

Tried AT4 (CW version?), and now that you mention it, recall their cab/mic options being OK. Did they do something special for AT5? 

Definitely! AT5 runs circles around AT4 in cab simulation. In fact, cabs in AT4 were the weakest link in the otherwise solid product.

46 minutes ago, jackson white said:

Might have to consider them as well.

Overloud's SuperCabinets is one very powerful IR loader. Hopefully, you won't be disappointed.

• Thanks 2

@Cecelius2 MCabinetMB is a subset and looks like it's included with MCabinet according to @Chandler.

@Soundwise  thx, will take you up on the offer as i'm sure it will help with the learning curve, completely at your convenience.

fwiw, trying to generate a "dynamic 3D" effect using IRs in combination with "non-linear" modulation. Melda is known for overkill on the options dept which is why i'm starting with that.

The OL SC looks pretty complete and easier to justify than AT5 atm, if i can't get MCabinet to do the job. 

Edited by jackson white

Sorry I didn't comment sooner. Yes MCabinetMB does come with MCabinet.  As other people have said it is very light on CPU, so you don't have to worry if you're using tons of tracks. You can also blend multiple IRs in a way that doesn't use much more CPU. 

If you want to try to add some dynamics, use the dynamic EQ to compress or expand the sound depending on how hard you play. You can also use the "MODs" to do things like change the IR mix depending on how hard you're playing. I'll try to do more videos on this in the future.

Merry Xmas

Edited by Chandler
holiday wishes
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

@Soundwise thank you for the file, appreciate the help, got some work to do. if interested, can share a before/after clip if it gets sorted out

@Chandler  ya, MAutodynamicEQ was the 1st Melda plug ever bought, initially imagining something like MCharacter with multiband modulation?! looks like MCabinet might have some useful knobs, still a bit of a rabbit hole atm...

fwiw, the SMPro marketing text sounded the most "intuitive" for the project but their DRM authorization schedule is a showstopper. AT5 reported to be more than a bit cpu heavy, digging in with Melda for now. 

all the best for the holidays

Edited by jackson white