Bagpipes!

RICHARD HUTCHINS

22 hours ago, Kurre said:

Do you know how it came to be that way?

I made a topic in feedback that ended here and had to be moved back to feedback. I never understood how that could happen.

It differs in one is a post and the other a topic but what could the common cause be?

Hey Kurre. I didn't mean I posted to the CH and it ended up here. I was in the CH prior to coming here and the general tomfoolery of that forum rubbed off on me.
And I do like bagpipes... for awhile.

56 minutes ago, 57Gregy said:

Hey Kurre. I didn't mean I posted to the CH and it ended up here. I was in the CH prior to coming here and the general tomfoolery of that forum rubbed off on me.
And I do like bagpipes... for awhile.

Ok, thanks. I like bagpipes and have the quilcom one. Hard to fit them in a song though.

This topic has been a fun one for sure! Okay, my Bagpipe story? 1000 years ago I was in a band and the guitar player had bought one of the first mini Moogs in the UK. He tried to get the bagpipe sound for " Mull of Kintyre" by Wings. Trouble is he was over ambitious and also wanted to get the "tuning up" sound as they fill with air before the wail comes out. We all know it and its a lovely (?) sound.

Trouble beckoned. He used the tone wheel to do the tuning up bit,  and you've never heard anything like it. The club emptied. I still smile when I think back to those happy days  before digital came along!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Kurre said:

Ok, thanks. I like bagpipes and have the quilcom one. Hard to fit them in a song though.

I couldn't get his to work? Any tips. I downloaded, un zipped and copied all the folder content into my VST folder. I can open the VST and change patches but no sound is generated. I tried 2 computers. I tried Omni as input, I tried the virtual controller, It says it dose not use samples so it can't be a missing library?  

I downloaded and install a bunch of VST's and all of those work just fine. Just this one. All tested in a Blank Project latest W10 and Cakewalk. 

7 hours ago, Bass Guitar said:

I couldn't get his to work? Any tips. I downloaded, un zipped and copied all the folder content into my VST folder. I can open the VST and change patches but no sound is generated. I tried 2 computers. I tried Omni as input, I tried the virtual controller, It says it dose not use samples so it can't be a missing library?  

I downloaded and install a bunch of VST's and all of those work just fine. Just this one. All tested in a Blank Project latest W10 and Cakewalk. 

It turned out i had downloaded it to a folder but never installed it.

I now have it installed and got the same silent behaviour as you.

Got it to sound by clicking on the bagpipe image. And by changing the keyswitch under it i could find a keyboard key that affected it.

I got it. 🏆 Clicking the image OR using the keyswitch turns the air/sound on and off. The chanter to the left of the image have to be on. The led should be orange. The notes used is very high up to the right on my keyboard so i missed them first because i normally play from the middle down left. I like low tones.

The drones led should also be orange and on.

Edited by Kurre
Addition

On 12/24/2021 at 3:56 PM, Kurre said:

It turned out i had downloaded it to a folder but never installed it.

I now have it installed and got the same silent behaviour as you.

Got it to sound by clicking on the bagpipe image. And by changing the keyswitch under it i could find a keyboard key that affected it.

I got it. 🏆 Clicking the image OR using the keyswitch turns the air/sound on and off. The chanter to the left of the image have to be on. The led should be orange. The notes used is very high up to the right on my keyboard so i missed them first because i normally play from the middle down left. I like low tones.

The drones led should also be orange and on.

Thanks I'll give it a try. Real dumb he doesn't seem to go over this in the video or the instructions?  If it works it might have been the best bet for what Richard was looking for. And free.