Native Instruments Offer on Evolution Series

cclarry

46 minutes ago, Simeon Amburgey said:

So I have my passport in hand and my flight is leaving around 4:00 PM today to journey through Evolution Series, it should be fun.
Come along:

Asume it’s 12 hour flight as there is soooo much content :)

• Haha 1

bought the COLORS series and I've been messing around with them for a few days. One thing that's struck me is how well they blend together. You wouldn't think off the bat that a VI made of paper clips noises would necessarily work with a vocal library, a violin and cello, and a bunch of Chinese instruments. But in a lot of ways, they are all very peculiar in similar ways. There's nothing standard about them. They all feature very offbeat articulations, and the way they are designed allows for a lot of happy accidents. And those happy accidents work very well together.

It was very easy for me (and a lot of fun) to just layer a bunch of these sounds and make a little piece using only COLORS instruments. Then I grabbed some stock footage today and made a little video.

That was one part of my experiment. The other part was my first foray at a binaural mix, using another product I  bought on sale, dearVR MUSIC.  So you need to put on a pair of headphones or you'll miss the 3D spatial stuff I was attempting. Not to mention it will sound awful.  Do me a solid and grab the best headphones you've got. 😀

Edited by Reid Rosefelt
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

bought the COLORS series and I've been messing around with them for a few days. One thing that's struck me is how well they blend together. You wouldn't think off the bat that a VI made of paper clips noises would necessarily work with a vocal library, a violin and cello, and a bunch of Chinese instruments. But in a lot of ways, they are all very peculiar in similar ways. There's nothing standard about them. They all feature very offbeat articulations, and the way they are designed allows for a lot of happy accidents. And those happy accidents work very well together.

It was very easy for me (and a lot of fun) to just layer a bunch of these sounds and make a little piece using only COLORS instruments. Then I grabbed some stock footage today and made a little video.

That was one part of my experiment. The other part was my first foray at a binaural mix, using another product I  bought on sale, dearVR MUSIC.  So you need to put on a pair of headphones or you'll miss the 3D spatial stuff I was attempting. Not to mention it will sound awful.  Do me a solid and grab the best headphones you've got. 😀

Where the vocals coming from ? heavyocity ?

The Vocals are the COLORS instrument BRONTE.  That library is the superstar of the collection.  I told the guy from Evolution that he should make a real legato library with Bronte the singer.   He might do it.

Every sound heard in the video (aside from the water in the credits)  is from the COLORS libraries.  Even what sounds like a drum is hitting the Chinese Guqin. 

I would have done the music very differently if I didn't restrict myself to COLORS.  I know I would have reached for a frame drum, a bell tree, and other new age cliches.  It was way better to restrict myself to the weird articulations in these libraries.

Edited by Reid Rosefelt
  • Like 3