Acustica Eminence - FREE!

cclarry

gift for the one you love and one for you, too, from Acustica’s team!

EMINENCE, a free ‘Creamy’ channel strip, is our Xmas gift for you!

Get this 'vintage' tool to add mojo to your music with that old-school sound.

Add “rare” and special flavor to your tracks thanks to the ultra-rare 60s British 3-band EQ, famously used in probably one of the best and most mythical worldwide recording studios.

Go grab it and enjoy our Xmas sale until January 7, 2022

https://www.acustica-audio.com/pages/specials/eminence

• Like 1
  • Thanks 8

Grammar be tossed. I'm holding out for 'Cholesterol'.

"Freely choke any number of cpu cores you might have and grind your mojo to special flavored dust with this mythical tool.  

Featuring a hyper skeuomorphic user interface inspired by vintage science fiction illustrators utilizing a plethora of ultra-rare knobs which we can't be bothered to explain in our famously 'old school' documentation. 

Go grab it and channel your frustration thanks to the gargantuan downloads that will probably be completed by January 7, 2022."

Edited by jackson white
  • Haha 1

OTOH, these are the freebies I already got from them:

Eminence “creamy” channel strip
Black channel strip
Cream 2 channel strip
Cerise channel strip
Coffee The PUn (Pultec-style, germanium EQ)
Celestial channel strip
Tan compressor
Coral Baxter Baxandall EQ 
Big Ceil channel strip 
Titanium 3 Basstard EQ
Pureteq EQ
Ceil channel strip 
Henry-F EQ
Nebula3 (now N4), Acquavox, Red EQ, Stradipad Swedish Strings

Could be worse. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cclarry said:

You may hate on Acustica, but their plugins sound INSANELY GOOD!
Resource intensive?  YES...

That does seem to be the case. Recently A/B'd Ultramarine vs. the UAD 670 in a complex mix and could clearly hear the difference I was looking for, once it was done pummeling a fairly robust cpu. It's got me checking prices on the latest from Intel. fwiw, did buy the Ultramarine, just having some fun with marketing which has nothing to do with function/performance.

• Like 1

Don't forget to "purge" the Acustica "Aquarius" installers following successful plugin installations. I recovered 3.5GB of my SSD drive space that was being used for this purpose.

In Aquarius settings, Installation tab, Stage area path, "Purge" button...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

9 minutes ago, abacab said:

Don't forget to "purge" the Acustica "Aquarius" installers following successful plugin installations. I recovered 3.5GB of my SSD drive space that was being used for this purpose.

In Aquarius settings, Installation tab, Stage area path, "Purge" button...

Holy Moly!  I had 40 Gb sitting there that I didn't even know about!

(I didn't purge them...I moved to my my archive drive)

Edited by cclarry
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Fleer said:

There’s an Uninstall option in the Acustica Installer app. Would that take care of it all?

Well if you just want to purge the installation files from the staging area, and not actually uninstall the plugin. The Aquarius app apparently doesn't drop the installers in the normal downloads area on your machine, at least on Windows, it does not.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, abacab said:

The Aquarius app apparently doesn't drop the installers in the normal downloads area on your machine, at least on Windows, it does not.

To set the path click the gear in the upper right of Aquarius then click the Installation tab

9lP2HHU.png

If all projects use the same sample rate, there is no need to have all the samples in the nebula repository. Deleting unused samples may shrink the install footprint considerably.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, Fleer said:

OTOH, these are the freebies I already got from them:

Eminence “creamy” channel strip
Black channel strip
Cream 2 channel strip
Cerise channel strip
Coffee The PUn (Pultec-style, germanium EQ)
Celestial channel strip
Tan compressor
Coral Baxter Baxandall EQ 
Big Ceil channel strip 
Titanium 3 Basstard EQ
Pureteq EQ
Ceil channel strip 
Henry-F EQ
Nebula3 (now N4), Acquavox, Red EQ, Stradipad Swedish Strings

Could be worse. 

That's only 7 channel strips. Not enough for a multitrack session. Just sayin'

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, scook said:

To set the path click the gear in the upper right of Aquarius then click the Installation tab

9lP2HHU.png

If all projects use the same sample rate, there is no need to have all the samples in the nebula repository. Deleting unused samples may shrink the install footprint considerably.

I wouldn’t do this, have tried in the past and led to a lot of minor issues like plugins deauthorising, etc. Not worth the hassle. Acustica should really only give user option of downloading sample rates they want, massive bloat the current way

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, tom said:

I wouldn’t do this, have tried in the past and led to a lot of minor issues like plugins deauthorising, etc. Not worth the hassle. Acustica should really only give user option of downloading sample rates they want, massive bloat the current way

This makes total sense to me. Same as there's no point installing plugin types I'll never use. I pretty much only install VST3 these days unless there's an issue with the VST3 version for some reason, or they don't have one available.

Most installers allow you to select only VST3, but still, frustratingly, some don't. Acustica is good in that way at least, but I like the idea of also being able to trim them down by only choosing the required sample rate too. Great idea! 🙂

• Like 1