Some Midi Notes Playing a bar behind.

Stuart Smith

Hi All. 

I need your help

I've come across this issue where some notes I've recorded  via midi have a 1 bar delay on them. When i play the note on the midi keyboard live  there's no delay while recording,  when I look at the piano roll the note starts  right where it should on time line, how ever  it isn't audible for at least a bar and when it does this it does from the start of the note not mid way through.  sometimes when recording a section it will the delay, the piano roll will register the note  as normal but i wont hear it for at least a bar. 

thing is, I've recorded heaps of midi stuff in the last month and no issue, this never came up. i haven't changed anything about my settings, or setup, still the same Launch Key 25 keyboard. not using the mod wheel. 

even tried creating a new project, and it still does it. I'm stumped!  All my latency buffers  are way to the left so I'm really not sure what could be causing it? 

I use one instance of kontakt  6 with all sorts of sound libraries loaded, they all seem to be doing it.

anyone know what this might mean?

Thanks in advance for the help/Ideas

S

Since no one has replied yet, here's an off-the-wall possibility. If you are creating the new project from a template and the template, by some quirk, happened to have an offset in "Time+", you could experience this. I don't think the offset affects recording, only playback.

Update 2: 

I'm an Idiot, Moron, intellectually devoid  individual.  It's resolved. 

For prosperity it was the Quantize function. i was testing on all my go to instruments that all happen to set the quantize to Bar,  so that meant every time i played a note

between bars it wouldn't trigger until the next bar. 

S

• Like 1