Joseph.

garybrun

This  is a song I was working on this Sunday...  one of twelve to be honest.
A live Christmas concert with one of the artist being Christian Ingebrigtsen who is famous for being in the band "A1".
The song is about what was Josephs thoughts when he heard Mary was pregnant and would have a son.

Live sound is tricky as you have to react fast.
Quite a few artists one after another.. different eq settings and different monitor requirements..
I was sweating on this one.
In a studio you have time to fix things... with "live" you just go for it and try not to make huge changes that people notice  🙂
Joseph

Mixed on a Allen & Heath
DLive

Edited by garybrun
  • Like 3

Thanks Steve.
Looking back there would be a lot I would have done differently on levels etc.

The thing is because it is live streaming... there is no PA..  just monitors and I have too also monitor with my IEMs.
You push the master buss harder than you normally would with a PA to get the levels out.
Very different way of working and the decision are very quickly made.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, garybrun said:

Thanks Steve.
Looking back there would be a lot I would have done differently on levels etc.

The thing is because it is live streaming... there is no PA..  just monitors and I have too also monitor with my IEMs.
You push the master buss harder than you normally would with a PA to get the levels out.
Very different way of working and the decision are very quickly made.

You and I have a bit of history ... It's a damned good mix ... Never used that desk but I done a bit in me time and you should be proud ! You've come a long way mate  ( and I sound patronizing but that is far from the intention of my comment )

Steve

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, SupaReels said:

You and I have a bit of history ... It's a damned good mix ... Never used that desk but I done a bit in me time and you should be proud ! You've come a long way mate  ( and I sound patronizing but that is far from the intention of my comment )

Steve

Thanks so much Steve.
I learned what I know on here and folks like you sharing.
Many thanks.

Gary

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Douglas Kirby said:

That's an impressive live performance - and I thought the mix sounds quite good - despite the difficulties you described  with mixing live performances- well done.

Thanks Douglas for taking the time to listen.