How to Write Scary Music - FREE!

cclarry

Learn How to Make Scary Music

Your Christmas Gift for Free: How to Make Scary Music
(this free offer only lasts for 3 days, so enroll right now)

Hello Music Creators, Mike here. And you are about to go on a new learning adventure. Your destination for this journey, is to learn the secrets of darkness, tension, dissonance and intensity in music. So that you will be able to compose and create scary and dark music of all styles, from powerful and evil action music, to ominous and creepy atmospheric music.

You will Master Dark Music Composition

The Foundations of Dark Music

The Guidelines for Dark Music

The Sounds of Dark Music

Dark Music in Action

Your Christmas Gift for Free: How to Make Scary Music
(this free offer only lasts for 3 days, so enroll right now)

Become a Master of Music

Do you want to Level Up your Music Composition, Production and Sound Design knowledge and skills to a Professional Level? Check Out all my Music Courses here:

Master Rhythm & Percussion

Master Chords & Harmony

Master Melody & Theme

Master Chord Progressions

Master Emotions in Your Music

Master Bass & Low End

Superspeed your Music Workflow

How to Sound Design for Music

How to Compose Epic Music

How to Compose Hybrid Orchestral Music

How to Compose Relaxing Music

How to Compose Action Music

How to Compose Scary Music

How to Compose Ambient Music

How to Compose Emotional Music

How to Compose Sad Music

How to write Cinematic Percussion

How to write for Orchestral Strings

How to create Amazing Transitions

How to create Great Ostinatos

How to use Synthesizers for Music Production

Music Composition - Percussion Fundamentals

Learn How to Play Tin Whistle

I wish you all a very merry Christmas! =)

https://www.udemy.com/course/how-to-compose-dark-music/?couponCode=85BF0922F2C0C5C469A4

• Like 3
  • Thanks 10

Udemy is a great learning resource, as is Groove3. You can usually find interesting courses on Udemy that are a bit more in-depth, and less expensive than Groove3 if they cover your musical education needs. But Groove3 seems to have a broader scope of information and more titles regarding current music software.

• Like 2

They go through periods where most courses are suddenly reduced to $10.00 or $14.99 etc it's worth checking out because if you find a course you really like, even if it costs hundreds, it will probably end up on sale in the next month or so. Looks like they are all on sale at the moment.

I'm a bit of a video tutorial junkie, there are some great courses for just about everything on Udemy for cheap but it pays to run through the preview courses and look at the individual lessons offered before you commit just to see what they are like because some instructors have annoying hard to understand accents or are just bad or the lecturers might not cover what you want.

I've been watching the Hans Zimmer master class. One of the things he says which made me laugh was (I'm paraphrasing) "don't use sample libraries because you'll end up sounding like everyone else".... Says the man who sells sample libraries on Spitfire and co-owns Ujam.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Philip G Hunt said:

I've been watching the Hans Zimmer master class. One of the things he says which made me laugh was (I'm paraphrasing) "don't use sample libraries because you'll end up sounding like everyone else".... Says the man who sells sample libraries on Spitfire and co-owns Ujam.

He's just making sure everyone else keeps sounding like everyone else. :)

But is it otherwise any good? I browsed the MasterClass class list and they have some pretty big names there.

4 hours ago, Philip G Hunt said:

I'm guessing he means phrase libraries like Action Strings, and (UJAM's) STRIIIINGs - I'm not sure how many people would hear a sampled E5  note from a legato-strings section and say something like "A-ha! That comes from CineStrings; just like that other piece I heard yesterday - everything sounds the same these days..."

I get the irony though

3 hours ago, antler said:

I'm guessing he means phrase libraries like Action Strings, and (UJAM's) STRIIIINGs - I'm not sure how many people would hear a sampled E5  note from a legato-strings section and say something like "A-ha! That comes from CineStrings; just like that other piece I heard yesterday - everything sounds the same these days..."

I get the irony though

Nope, he means samplers. At least that's the word he keeps using.

8 hours ago, pseudopop said:

He's just making sure everyone else keeps sounding like everyone else. :)

But is it otherwise any good? I browsed the MasterClass class list and they have some pretty big names there.

It's pretty amazing value for someone with wide interests (such as me). The price was worth it to hear from greats such as Margaret Atwood and Herbie Hancock alone; but I wouldn't recommend it for beginners or folk looking for how-to classes. It's more like spending a few hours in the presence of amazing people as they occasionally drop golden nuggets of information that no ordinary teacher could ever drop. I mean, Hans Zimmer is not going to tell you how to EQ a vocal or get a good reverb.... but he will tell you what it's like working with Christopher Nolan.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Philip G Hunt said:

It's pretty amazing value for someone with wide interests (such as me). The price was worth it to hear from greats such as Margaret Atwood and Herbie Hancock alone; but I wouldn't recommend it for beginners or folk looking for how-to classes. It's more like spending a few hours in the presence of amazing people as they occasionally drop golden nuggets of information that no ordinary teacher could ever drop. I mean, Hans Zimmer is not going to tell you how to EQ a vocal or get a good reverb.... but he will tell you what it's like working with Christopher Nolan.

Sounds like it's right up my alley, then. They currently have "two accounts for the price of one" promotion, which I guess one could use to get a two year subscription for themselves...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Tezza said:

They go through periods where most courses are suddenly reduced to $10.00 or $14.99 etc it's worth checking out because if you find a course you really like, even if it costs hundreds, it will probably end up on sale in the next month or so. Looks like they are all on sale at the moment.

And right now you get another $5 off when using PayPal.

• Like 2