A Word from Our Sponsors

cclarry

34 minutes ago, Fleer said:

PlugInGuru (Unify) is alright. He even refers to sellers like ILIO allowing you to get the updates from them should you wish. 

I bought it from AudioDeluxe and they said they couldn't register it and that all updates etc have to come from AD (or more specifically ILIO)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, simon said:

I bought it from AudioDeluxe and they said they couldn't register it and that all updates etc have to come from AD (or more specifically ILIO)

I bought mine from Audiodeluxe in the early days of Unify. If you bought it from PG then they have a record in your account which makes it easy for them to deposit any updates in your account. 

If you bought it from a 3rd party then they set it up so that updates could be obtained via ILIO. 

For the first few updates this didn't work very well as folk who bought from PG direct had updates as they were released. However, anyone who bought from a 3rd party, like us, had to wait for days until they had the same updates from ILIO. 

In fairness, after some pressure from users, PG did make it so that updates were released at ILIO and PG at the same time. So the latest release, for example, was available to all at the same time. 

As a small company I think they have responded reasonably. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, ZincT said:

As a small company I think they have responded reasonably. 

I totally understand - but they could have treated me (us?) as a 'normal' PG customer.  I see no reason why buying from a reseller should be different from buying direct....which I think is the point Larry was making in this thread ?

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

13 minutes ago, simon said:

I totally understand - but they could have treated me (us?) as a 'normal' PG customer.  I see no reason why buying from a reseller should be different from buying direct....which I think is the point Larry was making in this thread ?

Yes I understand your (Larry's) point and I wasn't happy with the situation either. I don't understand why they decided to address it the way they have, but at least they didn't just tell us to like it or lump it. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, cclarry said:

I just want to rant a little...

How can vendors NOT allow you to register products that you have purchased
OUTSIDE of their website, from resellers?  It's a pretty pathetic statement about 
these companies...

Two such companies are Keepforest, and Sound Yeti. 

Solid State Logic does the same thing, Their plugins will only show up in your account if you buy directly from their website, otherwise, they won't appear in your account on the SSL site  if purchased from Sweetwater or Musician friends or any other online retailer.

Edited by jesse g