Fly Away

RexRed

Rex , there is No way I could possibly explain how beautiful this is. Your harmony weaving made me tear up ..  I found the waveform of the song quite interesting , no loss of power or perceived volume on the last half of the song that looks heavily limited ??     I honestly believe you've written a classic here.        Loved it ,  felt it ..   mark

• Like 2

Wow, wow! Your comments are all so very fine and lovely to read!

Hello Andy, when I was about 18 years old I lost my falsetto and with a lot of vocal exercises around that time I  was able to fully get it back.

This was the most challenging song I have ever sung pitch wise Jack.

Mark, your comment is very touching, sorry for the confusing waveform display.

The initial time I uploaded the song I had an orphaned event at the end of the song which manifested itself as a long section of dead air.

The song waveform actually ends before the limiting section. (Good eye!) 

Reverbnation only allows one draw of the waveform in first upload (I have meant to ask about that to their technical support).

So the song has no limiting, since I peak my songs at -14 db, no limiting actually occurs in my music.

This leaves it friendly for further mastering someday.

Hey Antler, I had to search all around for that drum loop, I knew in my head what I wanted but it took me a while to precisely locate the groove. 

The loop is called "green train" on splice.com. 

I did turn the drum loop up and down during the song, it seemed loud at sections and too low in others.

I really appreciate these comments from people here on this forum with whom I shared a mutual and fond love for Cakewalk!

Best to you and love always!

RexRed  

Edited by RexRed
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...