Acustica Ultramarine4 / Early Access

Hidden Symmetry

Acustica Ultramarine4 Early Access

Retail:€299  Early Offer: €119

Ultramarine4_head.png?1558015152

Ultramarine4's compressor is based on what is arguably the most iconic of all dynamics processors. Rightfully described as the "World Accepted Standard For Level Control" in the '50s, it is today one of the most revered studio processors ever. The original machine can cost up to $20,000 or more on the second-hand market - for one in good condition - and the extra costs of maintenance should also be taken into account. The sound of this impressive machine is defined by its short attack response and long release times, letting you keep transients under control and yet giving the body of the track a sweet massage.

Equally at home in audio mastering studios as well as radio broadcast facilities, only about 1000 of them were sold and they are getting harder find in a good operating condition.

Over the years, many clones and emulations - both hardware and software - have been created striving to perfectly capture the unmistakable character of this behemoth comp/limiter. And many of them certainly sound good. But we think that no approach can beat the actual sampling of the unit in order to match the sonic elegance of such a marvellous piece of engineering.

Included:
Ultramarine4 A-70 (standalone Mid-Side Stereo Compressor)
Ultramarine4 A-27 EQ (standalone Variable Tube Equalizer)
Ultramarine4 A-64 EQ (standalone 3-Band Passive Equalizer)
Ultramarine4 A-58 Reverb (standalone Reverb module)
Ultramarine4 Channel-strip (Channel strip that includes some of the previous cited standalone plugins)

*Early-access / Crazy-access pricings are introductory, time-limited discount periods during which the plugin maybe subject to further refinements and minor updates, for better performance and extended compatibility. All updates and bugfixes will be available inside Aquarius under the 'Updates' section.

http://www.acustica-audio.com/store/products/ultramarine

Edited by Hidden Symmetry

i don't know what to think , between "i'm sure it will sound beautyfull " to "no need to try it , i will not buy it cause of workflow and cpu hit"

Edited by Zo

It's working fine so far here, Core 13 improves it quite a bit. This is a free update from the original released a few years ago & now includes the 4 newly added modules besides the comp.  Your personal discount code will work on the intro price too, one could pick it up for €59.50.

I'm going to check out the reverb module next, I'm not familiar with the Fairchild 658 Reverbertron, might be nice on guitars.