Waves Plugins - $19.99

GroverKen

I went and bought a plugin before noticing Larry's extra discount code. That means I missed out on the extra savings. Let that be a lesson to all of you kids out there. Don't press that buy button until you hear from Larry, he's the man. If there's a way an already really low sale price can go even lower, Larry knows it. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 3
  • Great Idea 1

4 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

I went and bought a plugin before noticing Larry's extra discount code. That means I missed out on the extra savings. Let that be a lesson to all of you kids out there. Don't press that buy button until you hear from Larry, he's the man. If there's a way an already really low sale price can go even lower, Larry knows it. 

You’re a genius, PC :)

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

Now you realize this ? Hahah

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Fleer said:

You’re a genius, PC :)

I'm a genius because I'm aware that  I'm not a genius and have learned to rely on various subject matter experts, like Larry? I know you and some others call him King, but how about Dr. Deal?  Larry are you good with that? I'm thinking of it with a Dr. Johnny Fever kind of vibe. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

9 hours ago, Walter Cruz said:

Code works on everyplugin, so you can get a single plugin for $16.89

Wait, which code works with everyplugin to get a single plugin for $16.89, @Walter Cruz? I'm absolutely going to use it it if it does. 

UPDATE: I figured it out. everyplugin.com accepts the personalized discount code from Waves plus the BFD21 discount code. Okay, sale made. Today's VST acquisitions are complete. 

Edited by PavlovsCat

When you go to the Waves site and see the "SALE ENDS IN 4 HOURS!" or whatever time it says, is there anyone here naïve enough to believe that Waves sales will actually end? And once you price everything at $29.99 USD or whatever (is it $29.97?)  for maybe 48 weeks of the year, the only way to move consumers to purchase is going even lower. In one sense, Waves has impacted the VST effects market -- resulting in lower sale prices for effects from many of their competitors. But remember the days when Waves were costly plugins? There's no doubt that they make excellent quality plugins. Most of us -- me included -- hate WUP, but there's no question about the quality of their effects plugins. It's excellent. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

Most of us -- me included -- hate WUP, but there's no question about the quality of their effects plugins. It's excellent. 

Yes and no for me.. (Not on the hating WUP part.. that should be unanimous!) I think they have a couple of gems, but a lot of their stuff has been surpassed by the newer companies these days.

For the most part, I've been able to replace everything Waves, with better non WUPped plugins, at similar, or often better prices on sale, with less restrictive licences 🙂

The only time I'd consider Waves, is if they do something unique, otherwise if it's a compressor, EQ, channel strip, or anything that any other good company makes, I'd always buy from the other company instead.

I'd rather support the companies that are fair and support, as well as listen to their customers 🙂

That said, I do love 1 of their compressors and still rate it higher as an emulation than any of the competitors I've tried (unfortunately!). NLS summer is somewhat cool and unique too.

Everything else, I've always found better options 🙂

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mibby said:

Can you load the licenses up on an iLok dongle if you have one?  Or does it just make too much sense to only have one dongle?   (OK, get your minds out of the gutter everyone.)

I have a standard USB with three folders for WAVES, Black rooster and Overloud and any other plugs that need similar going forward. In the WAVES CENTRAL utility you just choose per plugin where the lic is installed - cloud, USB stick, C Drive

694051453_pluginsusb.png.709f737a7dd8f11343b518c3badfdbc8.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ok...so it WAS NOT 24 hrs as the email stated!  At the bottom of the email
it says THIS:

*Valid through Dec 20, 2021, 5:00 AM EST. Can be used toward any plugin/s, bundle/s, and upgrade/s only; Abbey Road Studio 3 is excluded. Can be used one time only. Can be combined with other coupons.

• Sad 1