Waves Plugins - $19.99

GroverKen

32 minutes ago, msmcleod said:

I can confirm that.  It uses heaps of CPU in every DAW I've tried it in.

Scheps OmniChannel is pretty light in comparison, as is the Waves SSL Channel / SSL G Channel.

Crucial for a channel strip , hence my selection;) 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Marc Cormier said:

Even if a plugin is out of date it will still work, right?  I have OmniChannel V9 or 10, can't remember. If it won't work, I would probably shell out the $15 for a current version to make sure it does.  That  sounds totally stoopid, but we're talking Waves here, right?

Waves plug don't ever "expire", you just won't get new versions or fixes to the old ones.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Marc Cormier said:

Even if a plugin is out of date it will still work, right?  I have OmniChannel V9 or 10, can't remember. If it won't work, I would probably shell out the $15 for a current version to make sure it does.  That  sounds totally stoopid, but we're talking Waves here, right?

Unfortunately,  doesn’t sound stupid at all. Many of my older Waves plugins are too small to read on a modern computer. Omni is not terribly small, but it is rather congested, so could use a boost to the bigger size . So I guess my choice is WUPing that for about $3  (assuming can apply $10 off to WUP) or spending about $20 (after $10 off) to complete one of the smaller bundles, which would have the net effect of making the GUIs of about 3 plugins (that I’d actually use) readable. 

• Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

59 minutes ago, abacab said:

Waves plug don't ever "expire", you just won't get new versions or fixes to the old ones.

Another downside to WUP is that you only have one license, unless you have active WUP.

Most of the good companies around these days provide at least 2 licenses by default, which is much more convenient if you have a desktop and a laptop, or the studio rig and one at home.

This deal is actually quite a good price and I was almost tempted, but I've been trying to replace all of my plugins with other devs, so there's no chance I'll ever need to spend more  money on WUP for something I've already bought 🙂 

I still had a look though 🤣

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, MusicMan said:

Another downside to WUP is that you only have one license, unless you have active WUP.

Most of the good companies around these days provide at least 2 licenses by default, which is much more convenient if you have a desktop and a laptop, or the studio rig and one at home.

This deal is actually quite a good price and I was almost tempted, but I've been trying to replace all of my plugins with other devs, so there's no chance I'll ever need to spend more  money on WUP for something I've already bought 🙂 

I still had a look though 🤣

Got around all the pain of waves licenses and different systems via saving the Lics to USB via waves central. Then what ever system you are using just make sure that USB is attached before launching DAW. Works fine for me, no stress :D

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

1 minute ago, aidan o driscoll said:

Got around all the pain of waves licenses and different systems via saving the Lics to USB via waves central. Then what ever system you are using just make sure that USB is attached before launching DAW. Works fine for me, no stress :D

I do like that they provide this option 🙂

But I already need to expand my USB hub again for things that actually require USB, like MIDI controllers, audio interfaces, external drives, etc, not for software to talk to a piece of hardware it has no other purpose needing 🤣

But I just simply buy other amazing devs and I don't have to bother at all with USB (unless I choose to), as they provide 2, 3, or in some cases licenses for as many machines as I have for life 🙂

3 minutes ago, MusicMan said:

I do like that they provide this option 🙂

But I already need to expand my USB hub again for things that actually require USB, like MIDI controllers, audio interfaces, external drives, etc, not for software to talk to a piece of hardware it has no other purpose needing 🤣

But I just simply buy other amazing devs and I don't have to bother at all with USB (unless I choose to), as they provide 2, 3, or in some cases licenses for as many machines as I have for life 🙂

Yeah TBH my main plugs are all at least Dual Lics. I have the USB for Waves, Black Rooster and Overloud

5 minutes ago, aidan o driscoll said:

Yeah TBH my main plugs are all at least Dual Lics. I have the USB for Waves, Black Rooster and Overloud

Same :) It's pretty rare for me to buy anything that only includes one license.

Apart from Cubase, but hell even Steinberg announced they are providing 2 licenses for the next version (I think even 3 now!), so Waves is definitely slow to adapt to the market and their customer's needs!

Even for those with only one machine, when the time comes to upgrade, it's so much easier just being able to run the old and new systems in parallel for a while. That way there's no time pressure and you can work on projects with either machine :)

• Great Idea 1

21 minutes ago, aidan o driscoll said:

Can you load the licenses up on an iLok dongle if you have one?  Or does it just make too much sense to only have one dongle?   (OK, get your minds out of the gutter everyone.)

Just now, mibby said:

Can you load the licenses up on an iLok dongle if you have one?  Or does it just make too much sense to only have one dongle?   (OK, get your minds out of the gutter everyone.)

Lol... it is a slightly unusual name they chose 🤣

It would be nice if you could! But not all devs went with iLok, so you might end up having 3 or 4 these days:

iLok, Waves, ViennaKey (eLicenser - same as Cubase) and there's more... 

1 hour ago, LAGinz said:

Unfortunately,  doesn’t sound stupid at all. Many of my older Waves plugins are too small to read on a modern computer. Omni is not terribly small, but it is rather congested, so could use a boost to the bigger size . So I guess my choice is WUPing that for about $3  (assuming can apply $10 off to WUP) or spending about $20 (after $10 off) to complete one of the smaller bundles, which would have the net effect of making the GUIs of about 3 plugins (that I’d actually use) readable. 

As an update to this, I was unable to use the $10 code to WUP, but I was able to use it to complete a bundle.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LAGinz said:

But this is all based on the premise that they'll update the plugins, correct?   It sounds like it might be worth it if you're invested in Waves more than I am. 

1 hour ago, aidan o driscoll said:

I switched to storing my Waves licenses on a USB flash stick as well. Totally portable, and no iLok! :)

And I use the iLok License Manager software, so no dongle for iLok. No Steinbug dongle either. So just the one for Waves.

Just don't mess with the Waves partition on the USB stick. The Waves partition on mine is taking up a whopping 249MB. With 14.22GB unallocated on a 16GB USB stick.

Edited by abacab