Epic Games Holiday Sales 2021: Free game daily and $10 reusable coupon | Dec 30 - Three Freebies - Tomb Raider (3 Games)

Kal S

3 hours ago, antler said:

No - they exist only in your Epic account

Epic - yet another required game "launcher". SMH. 🤪

I already have several game launchers/stores installed on my gaming/media PC, including Steam, Origin, Ubisoft, & GOG Galaxy...

At least GOG Galaxy is totally optional. GOG games are the only ones that ever touch my DAW PC, sans Galaxy. Of course that way they have no launcher, and no copy protection! No auto updates, and easily removed! :)

Edited by abacab
  • Like 2

On 12/26/2021 at 1:37 PM, cclarry said:

The Talos Principle is on sale for $7.99 and I HIGHLY recommend it!  I had it on the
PS4....one of the few games I've ever played, as I'm not a "gamer" per se...

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/p/the-talos-principle

The Talos Principle is an incredible game. I couldn't believe it was created by the same people that did the Serious Sam series. It seems to be even cheaper now, $4.19 Canuck dollars.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Doug Rintoul said:

The Talos Principle is an incredible game. I couldn't believe it was created by the same people that did the Serious Sam series. It seems to be even cheaper now, $4.19 Canuck dollars.

Still showing $7.99 here....still a great price for a great game!  

• Like 1

Pretty sure everyone already knows, but I'll mention just in case - when you pick up a freebie it gets added to your library, but you don't have to download/install it. It just means that if at some point in the future you decide you'd like to give it a go, it's already in your library.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, antler said:

Pretty sure everyone already knows, but I'll mention just in case - when you pick up a freebie it gets added to your library, but you don't have to download/install it. It just means that if at some point in the future you decide you'd like to give it a go, it's already in your library.

That's what I always do....if it's something I'm interested in I get it...if I never play it...so be it...but it's in my Library
should I ever decide to do so!

• Like 1

My current PC doesn't meet the GPU specs for some of the games so I'm saving those for when I have a new PC in a year or so time!

Re GPU - I have a NVIDIA Ge Force GTX 560 Ti but a few  of the games I see have a GTX660  stated as a minimum requirement. Is that card a step up from the 560 or just a newer model so my card may work with games that require the 660 spec? 

I have a usable GeForce in my current DAW PC, but I don't want to clutter it up with game files, or the added temptation for distraction. I get enough of that from this forum, LOL!

But my old PC is used mainly for infotainment, and is still running Win 7, and has a Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge Four-Core 3.4GHz, 16GB of RAM, and a Geforce GTX 950. Most games from over 5 years ago, or earlier, are very playable at 1080P with that setup. There is still quite a good inexpensive (and sometimes free) selection of those older games of the year from years past, especially at GOG. :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JoeGBradford said:

My current PC doesn't meet the GPU specs for some of the games so I'm saving those for when I have a new PC in a year or so time!

Re GPU - I have a NVIDIA Ge Force GTX 560 Ti but a few  of the games I see have a GTX660  stated as a minimum requirement. Is that card a step up from the 560 or just a newer model so my card may work with games that require the 660 spec? 

https://www.videocardbenchmark.net/compare/GeForce-GTX-560-Ti-vs-GeForce-GTX-660/18vs2152

The 660 is a bit faster than the 560 TI. Perhaps more memory too.

• Thanks 1