SSL Violet EQ

cclarry

That seems like such an inconsistent "marketing strategy" to me. I mean, they have an insane $20 deal on their Drumstrip right now into January.  Do they really expect to sell any of these new ridiculously priced EQs?  (No offense is someone has bought it.)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, mibby said:

That seems like such an inconsistent "marketing strategy" to me. I mean, they have an insane $20 deal on their Drumstrip right now into January.  Do they really expect to sell any of these new ridiculously priced EQs?  (No offense is someone has bought it.)

It is to flatter their sub guyz ... ;)  nothing extraordinary imho ,,SSL is just to late on the plugin party , they slept for 10 years with superb plugins now it is just on pair if not sometime inferior to other stuff ..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zo said:

It is to flatter their sub guyz ... ;)  nothing extraordinary imho ,,SSL is just to late on the plugin party , they slept for 10 years with superb plugins now it is just on pair if not sometime inferior to other stuff ..

What's good for me as a hobbyist (and therefor limited spending on plugins) is that now I get to play with these SSL plugins which had been totally off my radar because of their price.   😎

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, mibby said:

What's good for me as a hobbyist (and therefor limited spending on plugins) is that now I get to play with these SSL plugins which had been totally off my radar because of their price.   😎

Exact , what's als convenient is their vocal strip , drums strip ect .. i have each section solid on other plugins (transient designer : elysia , sub harmonics : voice of god  , gate : fabfilter ect*..)  but the fact that you have everything solid in one plugins makes it dope specially for people with reduced arsenal .... it also waranty quality in each process ...

The fusion line , i have mixed feeling , they're doing the opposit lol splitting a superb combo .... money is the target , not convenience at least we could have a full plugin and then elements ....

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

Hesitating between an EQ I don't need at this price, or a drumstrip I don't need at 19$

I would go with the $19 plug you don't need if G.A.S. gods must be appeased. All of us have a glut of stuff we don't need or use. At least add to the clutter economically.

• Like 1

While I hate that SSL decided to split the Fusion into these separate modules, which definitely seems like a money grab in my opinion, I found myself still trying out the demos anyway. 🙃

After setting up all four modules on a older mix from last year, I found the results that they gave me to be quite pleasing to my ears. Originally, I had been using Celestial by Acustica on the mix, to which I loved the way that it sounded, BUT!, it's Acustica, so you know this thing obliterates my CPU. 😱

I swapped it out for the SSL combo, and the results sounded just as good, if not a little better, to my ears anyway. This has caused me to seriously consider getting the SSL sub. I know that there might be other things out there that are considered better, but, I really like these plugins that SSL makes.

Edited by burtles101

I say be patient , i m also covered but i m always open to get some native stuff fir use in machine , and must is cpu light and zero latency where ssl rocks (as well as mc dsp , overloud , and pa ) 

149 for each is just wayyy too much

for drive you could get stuff way more powerfull like vertigo vsm4 or saturn 2 ect ...or 3 saturation from PA 

eq : softube curve bender , pro q , ssl x eq witch was 39 ... ect

imager : dr ms

hi freq comp : any good desser , probably pro ds would suffice 

ect ...

each ones have better and cheaper alternative , i can deal with better if cheaper ...but theyre too expensive ...