Fix Plugin Manager, which has been broken for decades now.

Daniel Russell

15 hours ago, Jacques Boileau said:

Hum... aren't there things you can only do in the plugin manager still or am I just not Cakewalk knowledgeable enough to know otherwise?

You can't do this without the Plug-in Manager:

image.thumb.png.b593f93e2347d4e109ce26e91fc7b9b4.png

Briefly, nested and freely sorted selected plug-ins.

If we could do this with the Plug-in Browser then it will become the Plug-in Manager itself at the same time.

• Great Idea 1

@murat k.

I do not insist on my opinion, but personally it seems to me that you are over complicating the task of structuring plugins. There is no need to sort them on two levels (subfolders), if it can be organized much faster at one level in the Browser, and it will be no less intuitive and convenient. Human perception reacts much faster to objects accessible to the eye, than to those closed in folders, which directly affects the speed of searching and choosing plug-ins, this has been verified by many years of working with different programs.

Quite a long time ago, a tendency has appeared for most software manufacturers to put everything in subfolders, which noticeably lengthened the search for objects, compared to the open list. And according to your method, at first a lot of time is spent on organizing, and then time is again wasted on searching and opening subfolders.

Of course, this is a matter of habit, but from a rational point of view, this is not justified in practice.

2021-12-21_134517.jpg

2 hours ago, IgoRr said:

@murat k.

I do not insist on my opinion, but personally it seems to me that you are over complicating the task of structuring plugins. There is no need to sort them on two levels (subfolders), if it can be organized much faster at one level in the Browser, and it will be no less intuitive and convenient. Human perception reacts much faster to objects accessible to the eye, than to those closed in folders, which directly affects the speed of searching and choosing plug-ins, this has been verified by many years of working with different programs.

Quite a long time ago, a tendency has appeared for most software manufacturers to put everything in subfolders, which noticeably lengthened the search for objects, compared to the open list. And according to your method, at first a lot of time is spent on organizing, and then time is again wasted on searching and opening subfolders.

Of course, this is a matter of habit, but from a rational point of view, this is not justified in practice.

2021-12-21_134517.jpg

In general I use search bar when I want to use a plug-in that I already know.
In my case the folder organization is for discovering purposes. For being to know what kind of options do I have, what do they work for, what is the origin of the plugin etc. before using the plugin that I don't know.

Edited by murat k.

Yes,Plug in manager is broken for the Reason RACK plugin as well.

I add it,save it,then load my plug in preset and ,woof it's gone,that's for both the FX and Instrument version of Reason Rack Plugin.

Easy as pie with Reaper though using Reason Rack plugin.

P.S.I got the Reason Rack plugins to appear again after deleting my Cakewalk plugins layout.

The Plug In Manager does not save anymore so layouts aren't there when using the Plugin Manager again.

I am using Windows 11 so maybe an issue with that OS?

Edited by Jellybeantiger