Fix Plugin Manager, which has been broken for decades now.

Daniel Russell

There are silly GUI bugs in the plugin manager that mean you can only select up to two plugins at a time in the right window to move them around, as well as various similar bugs due to a simple code error mistracking a "is-selected" boolean somewhere.

Makes it annoying, but otherwise, the plugin layout manager is fantastic.

• Like 3

@Daniel Russell 

You definitely have something wrong in your system, on my right side of the Plugin Manager you can select at least all the plugins from the first to the last. And it has always been that way, even in older versions of Sonar. Look for the reason in your system, the Plug-in Manager itself is working completely normally.

13 minutes ago, IgoRr said:

@Daniel Russell 

You definitely have something wrong in your system, on my right side of the Plugin Manager you can select at least all the plugins from the first to the last. And it has always been that way, even in older versions of Sonar. Look for the reason in your system, the Plug-in Manager itself is working completely normally.

No. It's not.

2 minutes ago, IgoRr said:

@murat k.

What exactly "it's not"?

44 minutes ago, Daniel Russell said:

There are silly GUI bugs in the plugin manager that mean you can only select up to two plugins at a time in the right window to move them around, as well as various similar bugs due to a simple code error mistracking a "is-selected" boolean somewhere.

Makes it annoying, but otherwise, the plugin layout manager is fantastic.

On 12/17/2021 at 6:28 PM, User 905133 said:

. . .  I get different results using Ctrl+Click v Shift+Click.  Do each of you get different results depending on which key is held down?

17 hours ago, murat k. said:

B9A26ED0-6292-4185-BC91-F05B8C4046AE.GIF.223a5e9fefe87291a4f35c3d07eaa798.GIF

21 minutes ago, reginaldStjohn said:

This happens to me as well. +1

Anyone notice a difference depending on which key is held down or is it just me?

Since Ctrl and Shift do different things, then, yes there is a difference - in this case tho, a very odd difference.

Shift = successive selections within a chosen range - in this case, all within the range are selected except the 2nd to last one for some reason

Ctrl = random selections - in this case, only 2 selections are permitted for some reason

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Starship Krupa said:

You can only examine plug-in properties, such as install location, from PIM.

Also change certain properties.

This is in the VST drop down in the standard header above the plug-in UI.

AFAIK, there are only a few functions unique to the plug-in manager 

• layout and exclude list maintenance
  • export/import for Cakewalk preset manager
  • some additional info about plug-ins such as CLSID and vendor name. It is the only place where DX install paths are displayed.

It does not support the scanning sandbox or logging.

Pretty sure it will be retired at some point once its features are replicated elsewhere.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2