BandLab Recording what I hear with UA-25EX

Paul Logue

Hi Folks

I recently made the switch from Sonar X1 to Cakewalk by BandLab, aided by the purchase of a new DAW.

I'm an experienced user of X1 and earlier versions but I just can't figure out what is going on here.

When I installed BandLab it suggested that I use the WASAPI Shared Driver mode instead of ASIO.

My new DAW is Windows 11 and I notice there aren't any official drivers for the UA-25EX or ASIO for Win11 but they support Win10. So I installed them.

I have opened up an existing project and when trying to record Audio, either using my Mic or Guitar, it only records "what it hears". I have tried switching between the WASAPI or the ASIO driver modes and neither seem to work for me. I can't even hear the mic or guitar through the soundcard, which made me think that it wasn't installed properly, so I reinstalled it, to no avail. If I tap on the mic I see the peak light on the UA-25EX go red. That tells me the card is registering the audio.

And finally, if I click on input echo on my track, which I sometimes use for tracking vocals to add some reverb, I get this endless loop that sounds like an angry rattlesnake until I turn the option off.

Any ideas at all would be appreciated.

See my attached Audio Preferences:

Soundcard: UA-25EX Cakewalk by Roland
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10940X CPU @ 3.30GHz   3.31 GHz
Installed RAM    64.0 GB

Regards
Paul

cw1.png

cw2.png

cw3.png

You should remove ASIO4all, It is interfering with your audio system, This is a known issue. Only use the ASIO driver supplied by your device manufacture. 

Uninstall asio4all including in the REG Edit under   Local Machine/ Software/ASIO

Edited by Jack Cat
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jack Cat said:

You should remove ASIO4all, It is interfering with your audio system, This is a known issue. Only use the ASIO driver supplied by your device manufacture. 

Uninstall asio4all including in the REG Edit under   Local Machine/ Software/ASIO

Thanks for the response Jack. I uninstalled ASIO4ALL as you recommended and I still have the exact same issues.

Welcome to the forum.
I recommend you monitor from the interface, i.e. don't use Input Echo/monitor from the DAW.
The ins and outs look weird to me. Just 1 of each?
Did you download the driver from their site?  Jeez, what did Windows do now? I can't even paste in a link anymore!
I'm sure we'll get it figured out. Lots of people here who can help. 

4 hours ago, 57Gregy said:

Welcome to the forum.
I recommend you monitor from the interface, i.e. don't use Input Echo/monitor from the DAW.
The ins and outs look weird to me. Just 1 of each?
Did you download the driver from their site?  Jeez, what did Windows do now? I can't even paste in a link anymore!
I'm sure we'll get it figured out. Lots of people here who can help. 

Hi Greg

Thanks mate!

I do monitor from the interface, but I use the input echo to throw on some verb to my vocals when tracking them. 

That’s all I see from the UA25EX.

Yes, I downloaded the driver from Roland. Well, actually windows does it automatically when you plug the sound card in.

Weird thing is, playback is fine, I just can’t record even though my input is show L, R and S. I have my Kemper in L and mic in R. I’m hearing NOTHING from either of them.

Paul

16 hours ago, azslow3 said:

Sorry, I hit some bug in the webform editor, can't enter/edit in previous post...

Check that Digital Input switch is NOT pressed. According to the documentation, it works as "Loopback mode" when pressed and no digital signal detected.

My friend you were 100% correct. This was the issue - now solved and working like a dream. THANK YOU!!!!

• Like 1