Native Access Updated

cclarry

4 minutes ago, chris.r said:

I'm a bit afraid of asking the question nobody should ask: what's the point in updating the downloaders/managers? Thx.

The NI Native Access auto-updates itself as needed whenever you launch it. The first thing it does is check to see if its running the latest release.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, abacab said:

The NI Native Access auto-updates itself as needed whenever you launch it. The first thing it does is check to see if its running the latest release.

Exactly. Same thing do all other that come to my mind. I thought there was something I'm missing...

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, chris.r said:

I'm a bit afraid of asking the question nobody should ask: what's the point in updating the downloaders/managers? Thx.

And many are updated for the purpose of including NEW Products...

Edited by cclarry
  • Great Idea 1

12 hours ago, Igor said:

I forgot when I used Native Access last time. I love the plugins of NI and Roland, but I hate this "laggs" online's programs like Native Access and Roland Cloud Manager that just eat my CPU/memory all the time.

Not sure about Roland Cloud Manager, but you only need to use Native Access when you want to register a new serial/update your plugins; you can close it once you're done

• Great Idea 1

1 hour ago, Igor said:

Until you not turned off it from menus, and windows loader.

Fair enough - must have done it so long ago that I forgot it did that.

But now you mention it, there are two other services that NI installs for you; can't remember what they're called, but one is for optimising with their cloud loops service, and one is for integration with NI hardware.