Eternity (ambient pop music)

Larry T.

Hello all. Latest creation....Eternity (ambient pop music)....hope you like...observations, critiques and suggestions welcome 🎶🎧🎸🔊 ....cheers!!!!

LINK: https://larryterrano.bandcamp.com/track/eternity-ambient-pop-music

Art work (lol!!!!):

eternity pic 2.jpg

DAW: Cakewalk by Bandlab

pc: windows 10, i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40 GHz, 8GB ram, acoustic and electric guitars, bass guitar, focusrite scarlett solo, arturia minilab mkII, arturia analog lab lite, CbB effects

reference speakers: M-Audio BX3

Special Thanks to Mike at Creative Sauce on You Tube whose incredible videos on how to use CbB made this possible

Edited by Larry T.
improvement.
  • Like 2

On 12/17/2021 at 7:51 AM, jack c. said:

man some major nice changes within song.jack c.wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Jack....well, it's no My Special Place but i'll keep trying 👍👍....i've had the bass riff and guitar/bells melody for years....just wanted to get it out for Christmas since it's sort of that type of holiday melody....by all means, carry on!!!! 🎼🎤🔊🎸🎄🎁🎆

It appears you've wrapped your head around CbB pretty well Larry.
(this old dog has learned a lot of new tricks from Mike)
I'm a 3 minute rocker myself, so the ambient pop genre is a bit of stretch for me.
That said, it was a good "chill" piece, and I did enjoy it.

The Solstice has come and gone so here's wishing you continued success in the coming New Year!

t

• Thanks 1

On 12/25/2021 at 6:48 AM, DeeringAmps said:

It appears you've wrapped your head around CbB pretty well Larry.
(this old dog has learned a lot of new tricks from Mike)
I'm a 3 minute rocker myself, so the ambient pop genre is a bit of stretch for me.
That said, it was a good "chill" piece, and I did enjoy it.

The Solstice has come and gone so here's wishing you continued success in the coming New Year!

t

Thank You very much Tom....glad you liked it....Best Wishes, Good Health and Happiness to you in the coming new year and always....

• Like 1

Yes I liked it too, it reminded me of some cool early Deodato stuff, I really like the instrumentation and the effects go great together. I think more polish on that bass part when it comes in? There are some timing drags in spots with the bass, and maybe the bass could have a more robust low-end presence in the mix? 

Overall I'd say this is a composition that has an arc to it, great sonic choices and a chill listen. Kind of blissed out in a "I could do yoga to this" kind of way. Cool!

cheers,

-Tom

• Thanks 1

On 12/27/2021 at 11:13 PM, bjornpdx said:

Just taking notes while listening:
The first 20 sec hooked me. Put me in mind of something Eno might do.
Seemed like the mood changed around 1:20.  Bass track is very good. Holds things together well.

I like the Mobius strip artwork.
-Bjorn

Thanks Bjorn....listened to Eno since his Roxy Music days, one of the greats....regarding the guitar part....while trying to write guitar parts for my stuff i inadvertently figurered out The Edge's trademark guitar sound,. in three words arpeggio's, harmonics and delay....yes, i always picked the mobius strip as a type of eternity....cheers!!!! 

On 12/28/2021 at 4:00 AM, Wookiee said:

Nice :) 

Thanks Wookiee 🎶🎹🎧🔊

On 12/28/2021 at 7:00 AM, Tim Smith said:

Very nice ambient track here.

-Tim

Thanks Tim 🎸🎼🎺🎷

16 hours ago, PhonoBrainer said:

Yes I liked it too, it reminded me of some cool early Deodato stuff, I really like the instrumentation and the effects go great together. I think more polish on that bass part when it comes in? There are some timing drags in spots with the bass, and maybe the bass could have a more robust low-end presence in the mix? 

Overall I'd say this is a composition that has an arc to it, great sonic choices and a chill listen. Kind of blissed out in a "I could do yoga to this" kind of way. Cool!

cheers,

-Tom

Thanks Tom....i agree the bass needs a bit more polish but if i were to wait until i was 100% satisfied to post each piece i have done so far there would only be one or two songs here....wish i had more time to get them sounding as i would like, but i figure the quality is a slight tradeoff compared to the experience i get from each piece i've done so far....i agree with all of your observations, cheers!!!! 🎶🔊🥁🎧

On 12/29/2021 at 1:05 PM, Paul Bush said:

Not much of an ambiant man myself but I listened to the end and was chilled out,  pleasant trip super sounds , 

Thanks Paul, appreciate your listening...glad you enjoyed it 👍🎵🎷🎸

On 12/29/2021 at 3:22 PM, Starship Krupa said:

Great sound! It's huge. When the big pad comes in, it's quite emotional.

Agree with PhonoBrainer about the bass. Doing the same part, but on the grid in Piano Roll using a P-bass sample, would really improve it.

Thanks Starship Krupa....the Arturia minilab running the free Analog Lab V suite of sounds and the audio interface guitar came out pretty good I guess....as soon as I finish my current song I will redo that bass part on the Piano Roll as it is part of the Analog Lab V bass effects and update this post with the results👍🎼🔊🎻

• Like 1

On 1/5/2022 at 4:14 AM, ramscapri said:

Cool, deep & serene that is Larry... low notes impactful... interesting variations in structure... good one overall 👍

Thank You....i tried to keep the music's melodic impact without it becoming bombastic or heavy handed....the variations in structure is just me trying to produce something new yet appealing 🎼🎸🎹🔊