UPDATE question please

Pathfinder

So, why doesn't the "update" just update? What I mean is and since the beginning (of CWbyBL I mean, not Sonar etc.) why doesn't it just update. I really don't remember every directory and how I have moved things to different drives etc. I can look before I guess. 

But my OCD kicks in everytime. I get I can choose advanced sop I can CHANGE something. 
I would rather it just updated unless I choose to change something. IOW, If I choose default I shouldn't have to keep clicking on NEXT. It should just happen. Isn't that the reason for Default or Advanced?

Now, I am guessing you folks will say that's what it does. But, I don't need to see paths and so forth. I have stuff redirected to other drives etc. I know, doesn't soun like a big deal but since it's an "update". If I want to see\change something I would choose advance. But I don't so why not just update

May not make sense to some\most but this has annoyed me since the beginning. 

My spelling is great, my TYPING stinks.

Edited by Pathfinder

27 minutes ago, Jonathan Sasor said:

If you run the in-app updates, it does a "silent" install that just shows you the overall progress bar for the update keeping your existing settings. 

OK I guess I am doing it wrong- When the notification pops up in bottom right hand corner I click download. Am I NOT suppose to do that?
I then go to my download folder and run the exe.
Yup, I'm confused.

Edited by Pathfinder

1 hour ago, Noel Borthwick said:

You can run it directly from the notification that pops up after the download completes, Why are you going to the download folder?
If you do it this way Cakewalk will shut down and update itself automatically. No questions asked.

OK I don't see anything but "download"? in that notification. what are the words I am looking for please. Thanks

Fine I will wait for the next update......

Edited by Pathfinder