Native Access Download Failed Unknown Error

AndyB01

Had this error on my PC for several weeks now, I've tried all the recommended fixes from Native  (none work) and I have an open support ticket.

We're now at the 'can you send me a zip of your log files' stage, so I don't have high hopes.

Anyone come across this and managed to fix it?

Andy

Just used Native Access to download and install FM8.  No problems here (PC configured as per signature)

This has to be an issue at your end. 

Try updating your network drivers.
Restart your router

Try using a wired connection between your PC and your router (ethernet)

Is your Windows fully patched

Try updating your Vdist runtimes

See:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

I suspect you're right and that it is something my end of things, I just can't nail it, perhaps the log files will reveal the cause.

All the drivers are up to date, all latest patches applied etc and I also use wired ethernet - AFAIK I am on the latest MS Visual C version as well, as this regularly features in Windows Update routines.

It's an odd one for sure... thanks for taking the time out to respond - much appreciated.

Andy

2 hours ago, AndyB01 said:

All the drivers are up to date, all latest patches applied etc and I also use wired ethernet - AFAIK I am on the latest MS Visual C version as well, as this regularly features in Windows Update routines.

I just thought I would mention that the MS Visual C++ runtimes are not included in the regular Windows updates.  These have to be updated manually.  

When you get the error message, is it the installation of the Native access itself that manifests the error message or is it the installation of an NI product itself.

If it’s the latter, then one thing you could try is head over to start + run > appwiz.cpl and uninstall the offending application.  Once that is done, then attempt the install of same application through Native Access.

So an update on this - after a regression install of Native Access (to version 1.5.1) and setting an environment variable in Windows to stop the application from updating in future), I now have the application back up and running. Clearly something about the latest version of NA and my system isn't playing nice so for now, this looks like the option for me.

I'm just happy to have it working once again.

Andy