Remove The Overall Attachment Quota

murat k.

I had to remove some of my attachments before the previous post.

Some of them were useful ones.

Please remove the overall attachment quota. It does not make any help to anything. 

I don't want to create another account to post something.

I'm OK with that Max total size. I'm talking about the Attachment Quota, that 50Mb limit.

• 10 months later...

It's time to make a reminder for this.

I almost reached the limit. And I don't have too much sharings actually.

And there is an issue about the animated gif files we share, somehow website is converting it for to play on the webpage but this cause file increase. 

As an example I tried to share an animated gif file in my previous post which was 182kb, it converted it to 5mb file. Then I had to shorten that video.

I have posted several times over the upload quota limit and have yet to delete a file. 

Between GoogleDrive and imgur, I have no reason to upload files directly to BandLab's servers and it does not cost me or BandLab. anything.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, scook said:

I have posted several times over the upload quota limit and have yet to delete a file. 

Between GoogleDrive and imgur, I have no reason to upload files directly to BandLab's servers and it does not cost me or BandLab. anything.

Thanks for the info scook. yes, link sharing is a way to share without this forum site's quota.
Actually the server cost is affective for large files, here I am talking about sharing files smaller than 5mb.
If the site was already well optimized, I would not have even reached half of the sharing quota yet.
And please, we are talking about BandLab here. From a company that is powerful enough to buy Cakewalk and make it for free.
If I were in their place, I would prefer to keep my information as local as possible.