Well that settles that.

Shane_B.

12 minutes ago, paulo said:

On the plus side, at least the message has a dark background...

That's funny! :) I have my desktop and Studio One and CbB all set to black. Well, Tungsten as CbB calls it. It truly blows switching from anything I'm doing to checking the forums. I immediately get a searing headache and sharp pains in my eyeballs. LOL. I needed a break and I've been buried in my DAW for 10 days now, 16 hour + days. The contrast is starting to get to me. And then I get a message this morning saying, "No joy for you!". LOL. I tell ya, I can't win for losin'. 😁👍🏻

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Shane_B. said:

then I get a message this morning saying, "No joy for you!". LOL. I tell ya, I can't win for losin'. 😁👍🏻

I wouldn't worry about it.....let the early adopters deal with all the things that MS didn't think about before they released it and by the time they've fixed all the problems they just introduced you'll probably have stopped caring anyway. My DAW pc is Win7 and it still works ok.

• Great Idea 1

Me thinks you are being too picky.   If Windows wants to update your machine it will assimilate you. Resistance is Futile 😆

And as has been mentioned you did get your dark background so stop your complaining ;)   :D

Yes I haven't had my morning cup of coffee yet!

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, InstrEd said:

If Windows wants to update your machine it will assimilate you. Resistance is Futile

Funny, but sadly not a joke. It's only a matter of time until the day comes when you'll want to upgrade your hardware and Win11 will be the only option.

Even if your DAW is permanently offline, eventually you're gonna want some software product that's incompatible with Win7/8/10, or that can't be installed and/or authorized without an internet connection. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, RobertWS said:

On a cheery note, by the time they retire windows 10, most of us will be dead!

This thought is what sustains me.

Also applies to many other troubling modern trends. For example, I hope to be dead before Facebook accounts become a legal prerequisite for official recognition as a human.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

5 hours ago, InstrEd said:

And as has been mentioned you did get your dark background so stop your complaining ;)   :D

I chose the dark background in Windows 10, I can't on the forum. 🙂

1 hour ago, RobertWS said:

On a cheery note, by the time they retire windows 10, most of us will be dead!

"Microsoft will end Windows 10 support on October 14, 2025.". I sure hope we have a tiny big more time than that. :)

5 hours ago, Doc H said:

Here, y’all are fretting about on Windows 11. Yet I sitting here dreading the day that intel Macs won’t see support anymore and I’ll be forced to sell a few guitars just to get an M1 MacPro…….

My dual Xenon 2012 MacPro won't support the latest update of MODO Bass (and probably thereafter too, I imagine). I refuse to sell any instruments to get an M1. I've got CCs for that 😉  

8 hours ago, Bapu said:

My dual Xenon 2012 MacPro won't support the latest update of MODO Bass (and probably thereafter too, I imagine). I refuse to sell any instruments to get an M1. I've got CCs for that 😉  

I briefly thought about selling the 2 legged kids…. The four legged kids are just way too valuable in the studio to get rid of….

• Haha 1