A Wookieeised attempt at Berlin School type of thing

Wookiee

If you are not into Berlin school or repetitive tunes I would probably avoid this.

Quanta 

Those that are brave enough to listen thanks. 

Synths used in this
Two instances of Arturia's Modular V. 
1 each of Arturia's DX7, CS 80 V,
1 Korg ARP Odyssey 
And last but not least Superior Drummer 3 Orchestral Percussion SDX.

• Like 2

Your introduction didn't scare me off ;)  I like this song very much because it's subtle and calming on different levels.  The choices you made in synths are spot on, and remind me of what I love about analog synths with their space age sounds.  This reminds me of time lapsed photography which might make a good backdrop for this tune.  Stay experimental to the end!

• Thanks 1

I liked this one... panning and stereo image is great.
I nearly wrote it could do with more low end... then I realised I had switched the bass of my Focals.  🙂
Very Scifi ish?? and great title too.

Was it hard to mix with all of those frequencies.
I personally have never tried to mix synths.

• Thanks 1

Personal preference - this is my favorite of all you have shared thus far! Great choices of colors , all creating a manthric sense of calm. Even with the space mosquitoes!

I listened on a car stereo, of all things. Great mix as far as that goes.

Danke, Herr Wookenstein!

• Thanks 1

@garybrun Thank you, I would have been surprised the ARP is right down there in the low 20 Hz region and the Modular also has its moments down there.  As to mixing synths it can be tricky sometime as they can have very wide frequency spectrum's.

Thanks for the listen and your kind words.

• Like 1

I liked it, Wookie, and for the same reason I like all your stuff - very relaxing, and kind of hypnotic. The repetitive nature didn't bother me at all, as there was enough interesting stuff going on around the main motif - that beautifully timed and subtle shift at the 3:59 mark, for example - that it kept me listening.

• Thanks 1

@Leadfoot Thank you glad you enjoyed my little foray into Berlin school, it is quite relaxing.

@Amicus717 You are most kind I appreciate the listen and comments.

@bjornpdx Have fun there are some very cool sounds in the collection and the synths are all so infinity tweekable.  Thanks for the ears and comment.

• 1 month later...

Very nice Tune, Wookiee !

Risk an eye on Sequentonal (on YT too) . Berlin School has a wide range of Styles but i like the style of Sequentonal most, he is my personal Idol and i bought   nearly the same equipment he is using in the last 3 Weeks for some little Euros. 

But i´m struggle atm to connect the devices togehter :( But after then, i will follow his Berlin School style.

Sadly to say, Patrick ( Sequentonal) has sold his equipments for paying his Bills from his visit in Hospital, f*cking cancer.
So he is offline for 8 Month now and i got no infos if he is fine again.....Poor guy. I hope he comes back soon.

Okay....lets grab some cables and try to connect all the devices again... arrrgggg

Later all...