Jump to content
Morten Saether

2021.12 Feedback

Recommended Posts

On 1/11/2022 at 1:04 AM, IgoRr said:

Today, when opening a project with HOFA IQ-Reverb v2.0.5, Cakewalk build 27.12.0.102 completely crashes. I checked it several times on different projects, specially created an absolutely empty project without any other processing, added this plug-in to the tracks, to the BUS, save the project, reopen it - the result always crashes. The project normally opens in safe mode when this plugin fails to load, but it always crashes with it.  I have already sent a report to the Bandlab support center, but just in case, I'll post the same here. I am attaching a error screen and mini-dump file, I hope for some clarification.

2022-01-11_004043.jpg

ШАБЛОН '21''_01112022_004008.dmp 2.49 MB · 0 downloads

IQ-Reverb v2.0.5 crashed here too but the update to v2.0.7 is running fine (VST3).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/20/2022 at 12:40 PM, elem said:

hola: ayuda por favor, he desinstalado el cakewalk by bandlab
y ahora ya no puedo volver a instalarlo, el asistente se me queda en cargando. y nada de nada. por favor espero de su ayuda.
gracias 

Try this https://help.cakewalk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360034066393-Clean-Install-Cakewalk-by-BandLab?fbclid=IwAR26KIPAYgQdt7LRtxV7tZ-WJdOIWZ-sutqF5qhqHP6URzdtX0yCN798LCA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for 2021.12, it's great!

I have a few thoughts about the new Export Audio additions:

  1. The added keyboard navigation support in the Export Audio dialog is great! But could you make it so that pressing Enter would equal pressing Export? This was how it worked in the previous dialog, and it reduces mouse clicks. (The Space key could be used instead of Enter for toggling checkboxes, etc. This is actually how it works in Windows 10 Settings dialogs.)
     
  2. The Location box does not allow any typing, nor copy & paste. It would be nice if this worked. Even less mouse clicking! :)
     
  3. The Location box value has to be changed every time... it would be so amazingly convenient if it remembered the previous export location, on a per-project basis.
     
  4. A Clear Queue button would be very convenient.

Keep up the great work!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, GreenLight said:
  1.  
  2. The Location box value has to be changed every time... it would be so amazingly convenient if it remembered the previous export location, on a per-project basis.

This is annoying yes. This resets with every project and even in the same project when the DAW was closed. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Un bug rigolo !

Créer un projet midi.
Définir la mesure à 6/8.
Après quelques mesures , changer la mesure pour qu'elle passe à 4/4 .
Après ce changement de mesure, le monitoring d'enregistrement retarde
exactement de 2 temps

Edited by Hopital

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/30/2022 at 5:48 PM, Will_Kaydo said:

This is annoying yes. This resets with every project and even in the same project when the DAW was closed. 

The location actually resets for me during a session as well, without me changing any options in the Export window... it's a bit annoying.

I'm smelling a bug here somewhere, I just need to figure it out. 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, GreenLight said:

The location actually resets for me during a session as well, without me changing any options in the Export window... it's a bit annoying.

I'm smelling a bug here somewhere, I just need to figure it out. 🤔

It's this version specifically. I have tried everything. There's no setting for it to lock in. I drop a few f-bombs everytime. 

Edited by Will_Kaydo
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After latest update, when inserting a track template containing a VST, the bus assigned to the VST get soloed without my intervention.

Probably a bug?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Andres Medina said:

the bus assigned to the VST get soloed

I think you meant to say "the bus assigned to the track output".  In any case, I'm not able to reproduce that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/4/2022 at 3:53 AM, Hopital said:

Un bug rigolo !

Créer un projet midi.
Définir la mesure à 6/8.
Après quelques mesures , changer la mesure pour qu'elle passe à 4/4 .
Après ce changement de mesure, le monitoring d'enregistrement retarde
exactement de 2 temps

A funny bug! Create a midi project. Set the time signature to 6/8. After a few bars, change the bar to 4/4. After this change of measure, the recording monitoring delays exactly 2 beats.

Are you saying input monitoring of a live audio source has two beats of latency? Or recorded MIDI or audio input is laid down two beats late?  Others have occasionally reported something like the second issue, but that seems to be system-specific. I cannot reproduce any problem recording or monitoring MIDI, live audio or synth audio after the meter change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/9/2022 at 12:39 AM, Andres Medina said:

After latest update, when inserting a track template containing a VST, the bus assigned to the VST get soloed without my intervention.

Probably a bug?

IIRC this was a bug in a previous version, which was saving the bus solo state incorrectly in the track template itself. 

You should re-save your track template.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, msmcleod said:

IIRC this was a bug in a previous version, which was saving the bus solo state incorrectly in the track template itself. 

You should re-save your track template.

Thanks... I'll do -

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, David Baay said:

A funny bug! Create a midi project. Set the time signature to 6/8. After a few bars, change the bar to 4/4. After this change of measure, the recording monitoring delays exactly 2 beats.

Are you saying input monitoring of a live audio source has two beats of latency? Or recorded MIDI or audio input is laid down two beats late?  Others have occasionally reported something like the second issue, but that seems to be system-specific. I cannot reproduce any problem recording or monitoring MIDI, live audio or synth audio after the meter change.

Il ne s'agit que de midi utilisant  le VST TTS-1. Je n'ai pu contourner le problème qu'en enregistrant dans des projets différents les portions en 6/8 et celle en 4/4, puis en en agglomérant les 2 projets dans un 3ème .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cakewalk Team

I started with Cakewalk ~10 days ago and so did a first pass through the full ~1950 pages of reference documentation. 
Very Well done, nice work.
Not only as a reference to all the features and capabilities, but also for including valuable tips/guidance for usage.
Already feeling very much at home with the product,  especially due to the tremendous fast help received from the forum leaders/members.

Kudos!!

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...