2021.12 Feedback

Morten Saether

13 minutes ago, Jorge Arias said:

It is a matter of taste, in my opinion I do not see that it is a bug, not even an inconvenience, and for that there are changes of themes and colors

I think your opinion is true for just users' custom themes. In my opinion, Factory themes should be guaranteed to work well.

BTW, have you tried with Mercury theme? Please try it, if not yet...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HIBI said:

I think your opinion is true for just users' custom themes. In my opinion, Factory themes should be guaranteed to work well.

BTW, have you tried with Mercury theme? Please try it, if not yet...

Obviously I worked with Mercury Theme. I've been a Cakewalk user for thirty years ... Sorry, I don't see an error there, just tastes

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 12/17/2021 at 11:59 AM, HIBI said:

Changing folder color (especially some colors like yellow) makes [+] and [-] icon illegible.

I'm not sure if this update is the cause or not... but
If it's a long-standing problem, it's just terrible. :/

Really, I noticed that when I put the yellow color in the folder, the "+/-" is very opaque.

I made a change to the "open/close folder" of the Mercury theme.

I left it attached in case you want to try it and see if it improved the view.

👇

Mercury 2.sth

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Herbert Miron said:

Really, I noticed that when I put the yellow color in the folder, the "+/-" is very opaque.
I made a change to the "open/close folder" of the Mercury theme.
I left it attached in case you want to try it and see if it improved the view.

Yes, it makes the folder open & close icon easier to see, thanks!
I hope that baker updates the factory theme Mercury...

If only my bandlab assistant ever worked properly. I can never update Bandlab assistant app through itself. I always need to uninstall the whole thing and start from scratch. This time, I was alerted of the Cakewalk update when I opened a session, but didn't want to update right away, so when I tried to update through the Assistant it says downloading 0/0 and then never gets to a point to install. I tried reinstalling Assistant but still won't download the CW update. And now the alert for the new version isn't showing up in CW to download right from there which for whatever reason usually works better.

bandlab.PNG

1 hour ago, User 905133 said:

@Jimmy NaNa I have gotten in the habit of using the in-app update [Help menu] with a freshly opened Cakewalk--no project loaded.  On my PC it is a super smooth installation. You might want to try that to see if its smooth for you, too.  Just a thought.

I had no idea that was there, I saw in utilities the BLA option and I usually just do it from that pop up that shows up. I just didn't know how to get the pop-up back. This is good info, thanks for the tip!

1 hour ago, scook said:

Why are you using BandLab Assistant to update CbB?

It has not been necessary for some time.

Starting with 2020.09, CbB has an update option on its help menu.

If you are updating from a version older than 2020.09, try the Cakewalk Web Installer.

I had no idea that was there, I saw in utilities the BLA option and I usually just do it from that pop up that shows up. I just didn't know how to get the pop-up back. This is good info, thanks for the tip!

1 hour ago, Noel Borthwick said:

@RBH Its the same physical installer. What was the specific problem?

Noel - not exactly sure - sorry I don't recall the message specifically.  It related to not attaining a connection ( internet connection not detected kind of thing) when there was a connection outside of the application. I simply ran bandlab and updated, the install went smooth. This was a jump from 2021-09 to 2021-12.

I also use a win 10 laptop for online work and keep a current copy of Cake for reference to the forum insights and issues - no real projects on it.  In app installs work just fine from it. I'm updating to 2021-12  from v 2021-11 as I'm typing.

Edited by RBH

8 minutes ago, Andres Medina said:

Saving Track Templates when using nested folders:

I wonder if is intentional that the track template does not save the nesting properties? (when re-importing them the nesting is lost)

However, I can retrieve the hierarchy when saving as Project Template. 

I think this is a limitation to how track templates currently work - i.e. they save the tracks in the selection, then if that track is in a folder it saves the folder too.

Therefore in order to preserve the nested hierarchy, there needs to be track inside each folder - i.e. at least one track at every level.

I'm sure this is something we can address in the next release.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, msmcleod said:

I think this is a limitation to how track templates currently work - i.e. they save the tracks in the selection, then if that track is in a folder it saves the folder too.

Therefore in order to preserve the nested hierarchy, there needs to be track inside each folder - i.e. at least one track at every level.

I'm sure this is something we can address in the next release.

I understand. Thanks!!

I cannot install the update.

Bandlab assistant crashes... download 0/0.......download does not continue

---------

I attempt to update through CW:

Error: This installer requires Cakewalk by bandlab version 2021.11

I uninstalled BDA, and downloaded "latest" install.

The file is labeled....   BandLab Assistant Setup 10.2.0. 

NO JOY!

What now?