2021.12 Feedback

Morten Saether

17 hours ago, msmcleod said:

No, it was just not handling folders that contained nothing but other sub-folders. This has been fixed for the next release.

Good man. 

One other thing I find a bit annoying - especially now we have subfolders, is the auto opening of Folder tracks when you deposit something into them.

This can be particularly annyong when you're having a bit of a tidy up after a writing session and moving all the tracks into your folders and subfolders. 

When you have a project with lots of tracks and folders it's a PITA that they just pop open by themselves and you have to repeatedly close them in quick succession.

I don't know if there is a neater solution but my thought process is if I want it opened , I'd much rather click it myself than have CBB do it automatically for me as 80% of the time I need it to stay closed.

Edited by Mark MoreThan-Shaw

4 minutes ago, Joseph Edward Youssef said:

I have a bug report.

when selecting midi notes from piano roll view, and going back to track view. when I try to move my selection to another MIDI track (by using numpad keys or mouse), everything crashes and Cakewalk closes.

I have had similar but I couldn't nail it down to a particular set of circumstances so I thought it might just be me or a rogue plugin.

But certainly since the new update I've noticed quite a few crashes whilst editing midi ...moving or transposing groups of notes around en masse. 

It's not repeatable though - the same action doesn't make it happen again. 

Edited by Mark MoreThan-Shaw

4 minutes ago, Mark MoreThan-Shaw said:

I have had similar but I couldn't nail it down to a particular set of circumstances so I thought it might just be me or a rogue plugin.

But certainly since the new update I've noticed quite a few crashes whilst editing midi ...moving or transposing groups of notes around en masse. 

It's not repeatable though - the same action doesn't make it happen again. 

try my set of actions. it will definitely reproduce the crash.

Just to say I have seen this problem reported elsewhere as Crash to Desktop or "Pooof  and Gone" so it would appear not to be with this release.

Following from a comment,  I had not been using TH3 Guitar Rig at all.

I worked for 3 hours last night , midi and audio recording and had no crashes at all.

Sorry , Eric

2 hours ago, Guillermo Diaz said:

Hi! I don´t know if this is the place to post this.

Is there a chance to have a different panning option? Like binaural panning of Logic Pro.

Thanks!!

As well as  stereo pan laws pointed out by John Vere - Cakewalks Channel Tools plug-in is available for binaural panning and a number of other features. It's very useful.

Edited by RBH

This morning working on an imported MIDI file, Cakewalk 2012.12 crashed several times while deleting unnecessary tracks.  My intent was to convert the file to  a CWP file.  I've also had the program crash while pasting copies of sequenced drum tracks on opened CWP files..

I recently installed Windows 11 and that's about the time Cakewalk became crash happy.  I cannot upload a dump file because neither the file nor the folder are created.  To satisfy the Submit Problem requirement, I uploaded an old Cakewalk dump file.  I'm currently using the free version of Cakewalk.  I've had Sonar in the past, but spending $450 for a newer version due upgrading the OS to Windows 10 did not appeal to me.  Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, fraser.john said:

This morning working on an imported MIDI file, Cakewalk 2012.12 crashed several times while deleting unnecessary tracks.  My intent was to convert the file to  a CWP file.  I've also had the program crash while pasting copies of sequenced drum tracks on opened CWP files..

I recently installed Windows 11 and that's about the time Cakewalk became crash happy.  I cannot upload a dump file because neither the file nor the folder are created.  To satisfy the Submit Problem requirement, I uploaded an old Cakewalk dump file.  I'm currently using the free version of Cakewalk.  I've had Sonar in the past, but spending $450 for a newer version due upgrading the OS to Windows 10 did not appeal to me.  Thanks in advance.

Watch this video and check that you’re doing things correctly. 

Hi, I'd like to report CbB have been closing without warning when I drag and drop paste or move chord names (chord symbols) on Staff View (although sometimes it works as expected). It happens when trying to use drag and drop to paste or move chord names, but leaving notes on their places.
Also sometimes moving notes in SV from one measure to another will make CbB close without warning.

I've made a test with earlier version 2021.11 and the bug didn't occur there.
To reproduce the issue I started a project with some audio tracks and an instrument track with Rapture Session plugin.

* Despite it's not related with update 2021.12's new features and fixes it seems to be a new issue. 🙁

Edited by mgustavo

When inserting a new Aux track in the console view, it gets added before the previous one. 

Instead of being added in numerical order as Aux 1, Aux 2, Aux 3 . . . It adds it as follow: Aux 3, Aux 2, Aux 1.  Little inconvenient to manually re-order the inserts everytime. 

When is the next iteration of Cakewalk coming out? Because running 2021.12, Cakewalk crashes ALL the time now. I've been trying to work on simple podcast projects for the last several days, and it's been crashing about 5-6 times a day. This is a new phenomena that I am not at all partial to. Today, it's crashed twice in the last 20 minutes and all I was doing was attempting to change the panning on the tracks.

On 1/10/2022 at 9:04 PM, IgoRr said:

Today, when opening a project with HOFA IQ-Reverb v2.0.5, Cakewalk build 27.12.0.102 completely crashes. I checked it several times on different projects, specially created an absolutely empty project without any other processing, added this plug-in to the tracks, to the BUS, save the project, reopen it - the result always crashes. The project normally opens in safe mode when this plugin fails to load, but it always crashes with it.  I have already sent a report to the Bandlab support center, but just in case, I'll post the same here. I am attaching a error screen and mini-dump file, I hope for some clarification.

2022-01-11_004043.jpg

ШАБЛОН '21''_01112022_004008.dmp 2.49 MB · 0 downloads

I know this is not the best solution, but you might be able to overcome these crashes if you work with the error handler initialization variables. I think it's this one: ExceptionHandlingSeverity