2021.12 Feedback

Morten Saether

This is actually a 2021.09 issue, but anyway. When saving an export preset with Range set to Absolute Time, that setting is not persistent. When loading the preset it always defaults to Musical Time so that Start and End always displays M:B:T values, not H:M:S:F. I would expect the state of the time format button in that dialog to be kept with the preset. Indeed, not a big issue, but maybe it’s easy to fix?

3 hours ago, Canopus said:

This is actually a 2021.09 issue, but anyway. When saving an export preset with Range set to Absolute Time, that setting is not persistent. When loading the preset it always defaults to Musical Time so that Start and End always displays M:B:T values, not H:M:S:F. I would expect the state of the time format button in that dialog to be kept with the preset. Indeed, not a big issue, but maybe it’s easy to fix?

Export presets are meant to be global and don't save any project specific information, so anything to do with selection or specific category items aren't saved as part of the preset.

I think this may be a minor bug.

When selecting the entire project , Folders containing SubFolders don't seem to show in the selection ( turn grey ) but they are in fact selected as any subsequent action does include them i.e. Moving , Exporting etc. If you  open & close the folder it then turns grey like the rest of them.  Strange, 

Folders-with-SubFolders-Not-Shown-In-Sel

Using the export menu a lot lately (in version 2021.12 build 102) I have the following suggestions:

1. It would be helpful when a project is closed and reopened that the last settings in filename and path (location) would be restored without creating an explicit task.
  2. Exporting a clip of a take lane and setting name to {clipname} results in a blank name (only extension) even if the clip has a name.
  3. It would be convienient if enter would execute the Export button (as in Sonar's old file dialog).

Thanks for your replies!

• Like 3

It'd be helpful if *everything* in the Export dialog retained it's state from the last time you used it, at least within the same session and project. In particular, the start-end times.

And that includes the settings in the MP3 dialog. Tedious to keep re-entering the same info every time I re-export the song.

• Like 2

So, I haven't been working in Cakewalk for months now (Business related) but not that anyone cares. 

Playing today with some new test projects in this new update, i've stumbled on a bug. I have teh pro channel module disabled and the icon module, but every time I save a new test project it resets all the settings. Pro Channel and Icon module is enabled upon opening the project again. I have test this with various new testing projects i created. 

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is related to current release but I haven't experienced it earlier. If not, forum admin are free to move it to proper location.

I'm using the FX-Chain module as my last insert in the ProChannel as a gain staging tool in my projects.
Very convenient, specially when using the Saturation-knob prior to it which adds a lot of gain.
What I discovered is that it defaults back to unity gain when I add a plugin to the Fx-bin or do changes to an existing plugin in the chain.
It seems to be holding the fader in place if I hit save after adjusting and that's my workaround at the moment. But shouldn't it hold the position no matter?

Best regards

/CJ

On 1/4/2022 at 12:28 PM, Mark MoreThan-Shaw said:

Also. Whilst I am thinking about it. What is the number string shown next to the "Vox " folder ? It's the parent folder that contains the "Lead Vox " and " Bvs " Subfolder

Looks like a possible bug - integer overflow. This is the lowest possible 32-bit signed integer value.

• Thanks 1

On 1/4/2022 at 11:28 AM, Mark MoreThan-Shaw said:

Also. Whilst I am thinking about it. What is the number string shown next to the "Vox " folder ? It's the parent folder that contains the "Lead Vox " and " Bvs " Subfolder

image.thumb.png.b2330ca9ee4eb6b77b951c87008d13d4.png

5 hours ago, Jan said:

Looks like a possible bug - integer overflow. This is the lowest possible 32-bit signed integer value.

No, it was just not handling folders that contained nothing but other sub-folders. This has been fixed for the next release.

A few times recently I have had a crash, not like the regular spinning wheel and program not responding, but almost like you hit the Minimise button , so quick! NEW CwB version.

I’m not able to reproduce it but it happened first when I was trying out nested folders, the last one when I was copying a midi take.

Guess it must be my system or everyone would be shouting

My System is

Dell XPS Intel i9 , 48 GB RAM , 2 SSD , I HDD 64 Bit

Windown 10 Home 21H1 19043.1415

2 Linked Roland Octacaptures (most recent driver)

Korg Kross

Also have a Korg M3 & X3 (not connected)

Cakewalk by Bandlab 2021.12 Build 102

I only connect to the internet for CwB Updates

Any Ideas most welcome.

Today, when opening a project with HOFA IQ-Reverb v2.0.5, Cakewalk build 27.12.0.102 completely crashes. I checked it several times on different projects, specially created an absolutely empty project without any other processing, added this plug-in to the tracks, to the BUS, save the project, reopen it - the result always crashes. The project normally opens in safe mode when this plugin fails to load, but it always crashes with it.  I have already sent a report to the Bandlab support center, but just in case, I'll post the same here. I am attaching a error screen and mini-dump file, I hope for some clarification.

2022-01-11_004043.jpg

ШАБЛОН '21''_01112022_004008.dmp

7 hours ago, scook said:

May want to try the VST2 plug-in if there is one.

This is what I checked first, the result is exactly the same. The fact is that this is the first time it happens with this plugin, in the previous release (november build) the same plugin of the same version worked completely fine.