2021.12 Feedback

Morten Saether

3 hours ago, Andres Medina said:

Just found out that after latest update, when I insert a Track Template, all the buses involved in that track template get soloed, without my intervention. This happens on certain plugins, like Vienna Synchron Strings and Ivory Pianos. Others inserts right (like Vienna Instruments).

Minor detail, but is confusing.

By now I just resave the track templates again, and then it works just fine.

This was a bug in the final EA release that was fixed for the general 2021.12 release. Unfortunately, the bug happens when saving the template, so the buses were saved with solo on.

As you worked out, resaving the template with the buses un-soloed  fixes the issue.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, msmcleod said:

This was a bug in the final EA release that was fixed for the general 2021.12 release. Unfortunately, the bug happens when saving the template, so the buses were saved with solo on.

As you worked out, resaving the template with the buses un-soloed  fixes the issue.

Got it. No big deal. Thanks!

@EnglandBross

I would venture to suggest that you change the resolution to 96 K only in the Cakewalk itself? For everything to work stably and reliably, first, it is in the system (Windows) sound settings that you need to change the discreteness (and the required bit rate) to 96 K, and then in Cakewalk. I have several examples of my friends who, on certain sound cards, with a discrepancy between the settings of Windows audio and Cakewalk, also had DAW crashes.

Edited by IgoRr

4 hours ago, IgoRr said:

@EnglandBross

I would venture to suggest that you change the resolution to 96 K only in the Cakewalk itself? For everything to work stably and reliably, first, it is in the system (Windows) sound settings that you need to change the discreteness (and the required bit rate) to 96 K, and then in Cakewalk. I have several examples of my friends who, on certain sound cards, with a discrepancy between the settings of Windows audio and Cakewalk, also had DAW crashes.

I have tried to change the clip rate and also in the properties page, but Win sample rate stays at 44,100.

3 hours ago, EnglandBross said:

I have tried to change the clip rate and also in the properties page, but Win sample rate stays at 44,100.

No, I didn't mean changing the values of the clip itself in the project, but the settings of the Windows audio system. Until you set 96 K in the "System Sound - Play" section, and then in the settings of the Cakewalk itself, it will not work correctly for you.

16 hours ago, IgoRr said:

No, I didn't mean changing the values of the clip itself in the project, but the settings of the Windows audio system. Until you set 96 K in the "System Sound - Play" section, and then in the settings of the Cakewalk itself, it will not work correctly for you.

I have only two ways .. 16/44100 or 24/44100
my sound card it's a Scarlet2i2 3th Gen.
I don't know why, but if i open a new project whit 96.000, suddenly the win sound change in to 96.000 ... it's almost unreal

image.png.b3fb99e640531929d13d67933dd4eef5.png

Scroll down to  the "Improved plug-in exception handling / crash reporting" section of this page and set the severity to 7:

http://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=3&help=NewFeatures.026.html

This may actually be crashing silently, and this might force it to show the error and give us a clue what's going on.

Edited by Lord Tim

Hello all

Cakewalk keeps playing C1 instead of C3 so in order to hit the right notes I have to set the key number to 24. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

I don't have any midi keyboard connected, I uninstalled all virtual keyboards and it's happening with Always Echo Current MIDI Track disabled or enabled.

please help me I want to make music with this daw 

I also have some performance differences on newer version.

I was using the version of initial release of 2021.11 and working on a track.

Then I updated it to 2021.11 Update 1  and maybe I felt more frequent glitchy noises or sluggishness due to high CPU usage on Update 1, but then soon I updated to 2021.12.

I went back and forth between 2021.09 and 2021.12 to see if there are any differences.

On  2021.09 version, it seems fine and on 2021.12, first few playbacks are fine but then I had occasional noises.

I am not perfectly sure yet but I felt more comfortable on 2021.09 version.

The project file contains TTS and SI Instruments only. There is no audio file.