2021.12 Feedback

Morten Saether

5 hours ago, Mark MoreThan-Shaw said:

I have noticed that the Folder track Open / Close seems regularly end up in the wrong state, so the folder is open but the button shows the + symbol. If I click it, it then changes to the minus symbol and I can then close it.

image.png.71c50a574bcd144f6dd978e89d751a40.png

If you can find a solid recipe for reproducing for this, please let us know.

[Edit] - it's ok, I've found one... got it fixed for the next release.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, msmcleod said:

If you can find a solid recipe for reproducing for this, please let us know.

As far as I can tell, drag a track into a pre-existing folder that already has other tracks within it ( already has the + icon showing )

The folder then expands as the new track is deposited  but the + icon remains - clicking it once returns it to a minus icon which can then be clicked as normal

Expand-Folder-Icon-Issue.gif

Edited by Mark MoreThan-Shaw
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Mark MoreThan-Shaw said:

As far as I can tell, drag a track into a pre-existing folder that already has other tracks within it ( already has the + icon showing )

The folder then expands as the new track is deposited  but the + icon remains - clicking it once returns it to a minus icon which can then be clicked as normal

https://gifyu.com/image/SS3Xr

Thanks! - I think we posted at exactly the same time there.  FWIW my recipe is exactly the same as yours.

It was just missing a notification after auto-opening the destination folder.

• Like 2

Upgraded to 2021.12 earl;y access and then final version today. have now discovered problems recording audio (soundcard EMU 0404 PCI). Stuttering and brealups, and even recording at a lower pitch when recording a single stereo track. Playback was fine.
Reverting to 2021.11 and everything is back to normal and fine.

I've been experiencing a lot of late buffer since latest update which can be heard, similar to small buffer size (static/crackling sound but more intense).
Late buffers counts occurs at any buffer size and on different projects, not just one in particular. Project all contain multiple VSTs ~30,40 and VSTIs (drums, virtual bass)

System Specs:
Cakewalk Latest 2021.12 Build 102 64bit (Installed on main system drive)
Scarlett 2i2 2nd gen (latest drivers)
Fresh Windows Install (21H2)
MSI Tomahawk Z390 (Latest BIOS)
Core i7 9700kf
32GB RAM
SSD Black Edition 512GB (349GB free space)
Onboard HD Audio disabled in BIOS

After doing test of bypassing all FX, issue is gone doest not occur.
One thing I noticed, is the late buffers count seems to follow the amout of midi notes talking to GetGood Drums in Kontakt. The static/crackling can bear heard as soon as the late buffers starts and more intense when at around 200.

UPDATE - I've reset the configugration file to default and issue seems to be resolved.
The only modification that was done to config file;

MixThreadCount set to 7 (Core i7 9700, 8 cores -1)
EnableSetThreadIdealProcessor = False

Since, the late buffers on the same projects are not happening with default Config File.

Thank you,

Matt

269127394_400791495170907_9150440037242973529_n.jpg

Edited by Mathieu St-laurent
  • Like 1

*** SOLVED ***
Not sure what it was, I had a hidden folder with some tracks in it and it was grabbing those as well as the original track I wanted to convert to MIDI.
I unhid those tracks, renamed the clips (to be sure what was being grabbed. Those were imported audio) and retried the conversion. This time it converted only the intended track.
So as far as I can tell, the only difference from the previous behavior was unhiding the hidden folder and renaming the clips.
This seems to have solved my problem.

Hi!

I noticed a strange behavior with the latest update.

I sometimes use an audio clip to transforme into MIDI by drag'n'dropping it into a newly created MIDI track as a Simple Instrument track.

Before the update, it worked as intended.

But now, it also grabs a few other clips from other tracks and convert them into MIDI, one lane over the others, on the same newly created MIDI track.
I'm trying to figure out a way to show what it's doing by screen captures.
I'll be back with more details if this is not clear enough.

Edited by Yves Chaput

20 hours ago, plainfaceboy said:

Upgraded to 2021.12 earl;y access and then final version today. have now discovered problems recording audio (soundcard EMU 0404 PCI). Stuttering and brealups, and even recording at a lower pitch when recording a single stereo track. Playback was fine.
Reverting to 2021.11 and everything is back to normal and fine.

This seems like your audio driver was likely in a bad state. Nothing in the update should have impact your audio performance like this. I'd suggest trying the update again and seeing if the problem persists.