Ascension vsti

kakku

23 minutes ago, kakku said:

Hi. Has anyone tried the wa production's Ascension workstation vsti? Only 19 dollars so might be good

I was wondering the same thing.

Seems like excellent value given the following specs although it is being marketed for Dance Music...

Over 870 Presets & 900 ROMs

Over 1100 Waveforms

Over 1700 MIDI Loops

10.5 GB ROM Library

PluginBoutique have a trial version so I might give it a go... https://www.pluginboutique.com/products/5285 

KVR thread here --> https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=504689 

Edited by ZincT

Haven't tried it, but just a side note. I wouldn't have ever heard of the company, W.A. Production, if it hadn't been for the giveaway on PB.  I think that's a good argument for these one-stop resellers - especially for new/small Dev companies.  No idea WHY I'm saying this... 🙂

1 hour ago, Ashay Arekar said:

Will it be of any use to non-dance music (rock, pop, metal, etc. ) ?

I downloaded the demo (8.2 Gb) which has the limitation of producing white noise every 30 seconds or so. 

The standalone version strangely only offers Windows Audio or Directsound with no ASIO option. I chose Windows Audio which seemed low latency and I didn't notice any glitches.

The VSTi worked fine though in CbB with ASIO and I had no crashes.

I skimmed through a number of patches before getting fed up with the white noise.

I would say that a lot of the patches are aimed at dance music but I did also find quite a few non-dance patches. Liked the piano, choir and FX drone patches.

It's probably worth the money but I will pass as I already have enough synths to cover these sounds.

If you are in two minds try the demo.

• Thanks 1

It appears I bought it back at the end of April?  Completely forgot about it.  I just gave it a few seconds just now.  It's about what it says it is.  EDM/Dance synth with a bunch of MIDI and an arp feature.  Kind of a poor man's Rob Papen product.  I paid $11 with Virtual Credits discount.  WA (I think it stands for What About) makes some decent stuff in the EDM/Dance genre. 

I think I bought it because of the MIDI, which since I have in my MIDI Loops Commercial Purchased folder I'm guessing I extracted them somehow from the product. 1887 MIDI files for < $20 isn't that bad a deal.

I don't know why but these EDM/Dance geared synths/plugins looks boring to me with very few exceptions (like Xpand2 f.i. though I'm not sure if it fits the definition). OTOH there are lots of cheap synthwave stuff that I like. I just got the Beatskillz Synthwave Drums for 10 bucks at JRR. YMMV.