AAS Free Gift email arrived

treesha

26 minutes ago, dubdisciple said:

I wanted to like analog orchestra but it sounds like only a slight step above old General MIDI instruments

I had the same experience: this Sound Pack was a big disappointment.

However, I really like the other 10 Sound Packs I own (all of which were freebies), so I'm still quite pleased with AAS overall.

• Like 1

Just now, abacab said:

In some cases, true.  That was my initial reaction to the Analog Orchestra, especially the brass.

But many of the reed and string sounds are musical and usable, as are the percussions.

Plus, if you are into sound design, there are probably some new VA programming tricks to be learned by disassembling a few of these presets in the synth editor. 🤓

That's an aspect that might be useful. I already picked something else, but may consider in the future. I don't use VA3 as much as I thought I would even though I like it and love company.

6 minutes ago, dubdisciple said:

That's an aspect that might be useful. I already picked something else, but may consider in the future. I don't use VA3 as much as I thought I would even though I like it and love company.

I was pretty much just into Chromophone, and I originally wasn't going to buy VA3, except that I had already collected quite a few of the AAS player soundbanks for it. Thanks to freebies and bundles. Although I had quite a few other VA synths, I was still intrigued by some of the sounds in the AAS banks, so I jumped! I think it was Daniel Stawczyk's patches that pushed me over the fence!

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, abacab said:

I was pretty much just into Chromophone, and I originally wasn't going to buy VA3, except that I had already collected quite a few of the AAS player soundbanks for it. Thanks to freebies and bundles. Although I had quite a few other VA synths, I was still intrigued by some of the sounds in the AAS banks, so I jumped!

I honestly bought Analog VA2 ( and subsequently upgraded to VA3) because I got one soundbank (Low End Theory) and wanted more control.  

5 minutes ago, abacab said:

In some cases, true.  That was my initial reaction to the Analog Orchestra, especially the brass.

But many of the reed and string sounds are musical and usable, as are the percussions.

Plus, if you are into sound design, there are probably some new VA programming tricks to be learned by disassembling a few of these presets in the synth editor. 🤓

This is why I got the Analog Orchestra patches.  I have over a terabyte of symphonic instrument sample libs, so I know nothing here is going to compare.   What it does give me is a starting point-  "I want a synth that sounds kind of like a  ...  "   Load the patch  in VA-3 and tweak from there.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

44 minutes ago, abacab said:

I was pretty much just into Chromophone, and I originally wasn't going to buy VA3, except that I had already collected quite a few of the AAS player soundbanks for it. Thanks to freebies and bundles. Although I had quite a few other VA synths, I was still intrigued by some of the sounds in the AAS banks, so I jumped! I think it was Daniel Stawczyk's patches that pushed me over the fence!

Barbara does that to ya. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dubdisciple said:

I wanted to like analog orchestra but it sounds like only a slight step above old General MIDI instruments

Yeah, not really seeing the appeal of that  one TBH. 

I may end up having to flip a coin to decide between Insomnia and Humanized. Maybe  slightly leaning towards Insomnia just because it's something for LL rather than the usual suspects, but then again......

That's it............I've decided........

to postpone any further procrastination until tomorrow.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5