AAS Free Gift email arrived

treesha

7 hours ago, Grem said:

Me too. And I saw that others got the same deal for much more product. Well I may do like you and just wait it out. I mean $34 ain't a bad deal for it to be honest. And I almost started to get it. I almost got the whole deal for over $130. But just didn't want to spend that much. So I just finished my String Studio collection.

I know most people like Chromaphone and I do too but String Studio is my fav. You ca play a midi guitar or you can play in a guitar track, convert it to midi and put in a track of string studio, or play it in with a keyboard, tweak it or not and mix in enough String Studio to make you happy. Put a healthy amount of reverb on the String Studio and leave the guitar dry, or not. Lots of fun, that's for sure.

Edited by BassDaddy
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, TracingArcs said:

Picked up the Insomnia freebie. Some cool sounds. However at least 10 or more sounds are so quiet as to be none existant.And some barely move the leds on the Swatches player. Anyone else with this problem?

Problem solved Though I had d/loaded the latest version of Swatches just a couple of days ago. It was reinstalled with the free d/load and needed rescanning. Doh!

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, BassDaddy said:

I know most people like Chromaphone

I started collecting AAS sound packs for the AAS Player long before I ever bought any of the Professional Series instruments.

I liked the overall sounds of Chromaphone the best and eventually jumped in at Chromaphone 2 on half-off sale, and then upgraded to Chromaphone 3 and all the rest of its packs.

My next pick was the Ultra Analog VA-3, for half-off. Have most of the packs for it now.

I have a few packs for String Studio and Strum, but I'll probably wait for that.

Fyi, I should mention for the folks that may have Ableton Live Suite, there are a few stock Live software instruments included that Ableton provided in collaboration with AAS. They're Analog, Collision, Electric, and Tension, which are based on Ultra Analog, Chromaphone, Lounge Lizard, and String Studio, respectively. They sound about the same, while utilizing the Ableton Device UI instead of the AAS original UI. And although they have a lot of factory presets, I have not compared the lists against any of the AAS originals.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Grem said:

I mean $34 ain't a bad deal for it to be honest.

Nothing about the demo made me want it TBH so I'm honestly not bothered what the price is, just that they seem to be heading down a route that gives better deals to people who haven't supported them than those that do which is a bit of a turn off for me.

• Like 1

I would 2nd the vote for Cinemateque, well because anything by Daniel Stawczyk! :)

Companies I have worked for:
Applied Acoustics Systems , Rob Papen , XILS-Lab , Nucleus Soundlab. , Xhun-Audio , discoDSP , Image Line , Sugar Bytes , TubeOhm Instruments , FabFilter , Lennar Digital , Arturia , UVI , LinPlug , Tone2 , G-Sonique , Big Tick Audio and FXpansion.

https://www.stawczyk.com/

Analog Essentials is another good one, by AAS. It provides a good selection of usable stock analog synth presets. Lots of Arps, Bass, Pads, and Synth sounds.

Edited by abacab
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, paulo said:

..., just that they seem to be heading down a route that gives better deals to people who haven't supported them than those that do which is a bit of a turn off for me.

That has definitely NOT been my experience with this company. They are very responsive, treated me very fairly, and given me GREAT loyalty deals.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, fret_man said:

That has definitely NOT been my experience with this company. They are very responsive, treated me very fairly, and given me GREAT loyalty deals.

12 minutes ago, Fleer said:

Absolutely. 

The evidence that they clearly are now giving better deals to those who have bought fewer upgrades  is posted in this very thread. 

33 minutes ago, Fleer said:

They have always been very responsive so I’d contact them and explain. 

I totally agree Fleer, they are usually very responsive and have always seemed like all round good guys to deal with and until recently I would have been the first person to recommend anyone to buy their products (at sale prices) and the version updates have always been reasonably priced. There just seems to have been a few little signs of late that things may be changing. I'm not going to complain to them directly because bottom line is that I'm really not fussed about CV-1 so they could give me a better deal on it and I still wouldn't buy it, so in a way they can't win as far as that particular one goes, I was just surprised to see that they have basically started giving away all the v3 upgrades to those that didn't buy them before just for buying one new inexpensive product. Great for those people, but it doesn't make me feel very inclined to buy the next one. I'm sure I'll get over it, I just think it would be a shame if they were to trash their reputation with the seemingly increasingly common trend that the new customer is king and never mind the old ones.

45 minutes ago, paulo said:

Great for those people, but it doesn't make me feel very inclined to buy the next one. I'm sure I'll get over it,

Exactly. And I am an AAS supporter. Love all their stuff. Will I buy the3 next String Studio upgrade? IDKN. Like I said, I might just wait and see what happens.

Will I stop buying from them? Certainly not. But like another company I deal with, I will wait it out. Wait for that good deal to come my way.

Will I recommend them still? Again, most certainly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grem said:

Exactly. And I am an AAS supporter. Love all their stuff. Will I buy the3 next String Studio upgrade? IDKN. Like I said, I might just wait and see what happens.

Will I stop buying from them? Certainly not. But like another company I deal with, I will wait it out. Wait for that good deal to come my way.

Will I recommend them still? Again, most certainly.

Yeah, I guess it's just a case of applying the same logic that we already do to some others. I'm just not used to having to do that with AAS.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, dubdisciple said:

I wanted to like analog orchestra but it sounds like only a slight step above old General MIDI instruments

In some cases, true.  That was my initial reaction to the Analog Orchestra, especially the brass.

But many of the reed and string sounds are musical and usable, as are the percussions.

Plus, if you are into sound design, there are probably some new VA programming tricks to be learned by disassembling a few of these presets in the synth editor. 🤓

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 1