Come on Down and see MY PHarm

Jesse Screed

On 5/15/2019 at 8:45 PM, Lynn said:

Jesse, this is one of the hippest songs I’ve heard in ages. It’s either perfect, or the slide could stand to come down just a little, but a masterpiece, nonetheless. Well done!

Oh Lynn.

Glad you liked it.  I appreciate the enthusiasm.

Peace be upon you and yours.

Just great. I really get the cadence, the groove, and I think that dangerously conventional melody line works and works. You are a good songwriter at the core. Plus!

If this were my mix, 1. Tame the too-boomy kick that washes through the vocal, 2. Vocals up a tad, maybe 1db or less, and 3. Probably get it off of soundclick, where a mobile phone listener has to click through four moves to get it to play - at least on my phone, soundclick pages are non-responsive.

Anyway, thanks, that one is a keeper, Jesse!

-Tom

10 minutes ago, emeraldsoul said:

Just great. I really get the cadence, the groove, and I think that dangerously conventional melody line works and works. You are a good songwriter at the core. Plus!

If this were my mix, 1. Tame the too-boomy kick that washes through the vocal, 2. Vocals up a tad, maybe 1db or less, and 3. Probably get it off of soundclick, where a mobile phone listener has to click through four moves to get it to play - at least on my phone, soundclick pages are non-responsive.

-Tom

-Tom

This is pretty unconventional and I like that a lot about it.  Agree with some of the things others have said with the kick being a bit boomy.  It gets lost in the mix a bit at times and smears the low-end.  I think the kick and bass are fighting a lot as well.  I think the vocals are at the right level, but there are some things that are fighting the vocal for space at a few points (between 0:46 and 0:53, for example).  The vocals are just a tad lo-fi sounding, but I think that really fits the song itself.

I like the song.  It's a fun one.

Hey Jesse , this is one of your best.  There are so many things going on that you might think would conflict in this song, but it all works out and sounds ultra cool.  Luv that banjo!  I didn't quite catch the phrase at the end  ---  eat more potatoes????

22 hours ago, Bapu said:

Jesse channels Tom Petty on Acid, IMO.

Which is great BTW.

BaPu, your comment reminds me of a rainbow with ADHD, after quaffing a liter of Mountain Dew, and that is a good thing, IMO

Edited by Jesse Screed

21 hours ago, Myriad Rocker said:

This is pretty unconventional and I like that a lot about it.  Agree with some of the things others have said with the kick being a bit boomy.  It gets lost in the mix a bit at times and smears the low-end.  I think the kick and bass are fighting a lot as well.  I think the vocals are at the right level, but there are some things that are fighting the vocal for space at a few points (between 0:46 and 0:53, for example).  The vocals are just a tad lo-fi sounding, but I think that really fits the song itself.

I like the song.  It's a fun one.

Hey Myriad, thanks for the comment,

I wish I could make the corrections you suggest,

but I left my thumb Drive in the rain, and all is lost.  It took so long to make this song, that I just don't think I can conjure it again.

frustrating to say the least.

1 hour ago, freddy j said:

Hey Jesse , this is one of your best.  There are so many things going on that you might think would conflict in this song, but it all works out and sounds ultra cool.  Luv that banjo!  I didn't quite catch the phrase at the end  ---  eat more potatoes????

My Man FreddY! 

yes,  I can not lie,

the last phrase says "cranberry sauce,"

just kidding, it does say "eat more potatoes."

come on down and see my farm FreddY, it's been so long my cows don't even know your name.