How to update your custom Archive button for 2021.12

Starship Krupa

If you didn't customize any Archive buttons, nothing to worry about, Cakewalk should recognize it as a default image and pull it from  TTSImage.DLL.

However, if, like me with my round buttons and fancy rollovers (which have not seen a public release yet), you've customized the Archive button image, you have a bit of work to do.

The new image is 176 pixels wide where the old one is 110 pixels wide. Theme Editor won't let you paste a 176 pixel wide image into your old theme's 110 wide spot, so you can't just run your pixel editor, add a few cells and paste it in. You must make room for it by removing your custom image and letting Theme Editor replace it with the 176 pixel wide image. So how to do that without losing your customizations?

1. Open your custom theme in Theme Editor.
  2. On Track View | Track Pane/Archive, right click and select Export/Theme Item. Save the image to a handy location.
  3. After saving the custom image, right click on it again in Theme Editor and select Remove. Theme Editor will automatically replace it with the new "Mercury" 8-button default image.
  4. Open both your saved custom image and the Mercury 8-button image in your pixel editor and customize away. You should be able to copy and paste your 5-button image onto the new 8-button one and then customize the remaining 3 buttons if necessary.
  5. After you've made the 8-button image look like you want it to, you can copy it directly from your pixel editor and paste it into Theme Editor Track View | Track Pane/Archive, or save it (as a .PNG) and import it, or whatever method you like.
  6. Save your theme and it should be ready to go with the new subfolder-enabled version of Cakewalk

I'm sure there are more streamlined ways to do this, these steps are the more fool-resistant version.

• Like 3

How I resize an image:

1 Open T.E. and run setup wizard to enter your paint program location (done only once)

2 Double click T.E. image (it will open in the paint program)

3 Resize image to new size and edit accordingly

4 Save image in paint program

5 Go back to T.E. and "OK" the image ("Refresh" image to verify changes)

6 Save theme